News Stories Tagged austin
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. And while most of the hot spots will be under siege during the 10-day event, it's still possible to experience some highlights of the culinary scene if you plan accordingly.
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where health and fitness get top billing.
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined former mansion that's listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, dishes to Fodor's on his favorite restaurants around the country.
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with. So we tried them all to come up with this shortlist of the best new spots to try now.
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? Think again. Winging it is ill-advised mostly because it means you'll miss some of the best stuff.
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the spot. From boutique-meets-outdoors Jamaica to charming, cool Montreal, this is where to book now.
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin. And there's no end to the great food and drink, with fine dining, taco trucks, and classic barbecue on offer.
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis is testing the limits of your appetite and your will with the 10-day, multi-city Feast of the Brave taco truck competition.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, 55% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $284 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours