News Stories Tagged arts
To view work by some of history's most renowned artists in a more intimate setting, head to one of these 10 outstanding house museums.
Following the relatively slow summer months, the cultural calendar swiftly kicks into high gear with film festivals, Broadway openings, and more, while the trees in Central Park turn to beautiful shades of orange.
One of our editors highlights the best hotels in Paris for museum lovers.
Our three Scottsdale itineraries for outdoorsy types, art lovers, and foodies.
You'll find more than ancient and baroque art at these off-the-beaten-path cultural institutions in Italy's capital.
Broadway's spring season boasts an impressive line-up of high-octane musicals, literary revivals, and a presidential docudrama.
For opera aficionados and novices alike, these 20 opera houses offer a breathtaking display of exquisite architecture and artistry.
Is your next vacation itinerary a blank canvas? Our list of the top art-centric hotels in America will inspire you to stay in one of these creative spots.
Set your sights on world-class art collections right here in the U.S. With their rich histories, monumental architecture, and incredible collections, here are 20 picks for must-see American art museums.
Hotel lobbies have long been social gathering spots, but lately they have also emerged as showcases for the cool and the unusual. Priceless artwork, former jail cells, and a bar named after a millionaire dog are other features worth checking in for.
We remember films for their excellent writing, their gorgeous leading man or lady, and of course for their iconic settings. These 10 locations were the inspiring backdrop for some truly classic films.
Visually dynamic, with awe-inspiring interiors and notable artwork, these 20 subway stations around the world offer a new perspective on the underground commute.
Most hotel amenities focus on pampering, with luxurious spa-treatments, world-class dining, and high-end shopping right on the property. Some hotels, however, include a little culture with their comforts via exquisite art collections. Here’s where art-enthusiasts can expect to experience dazzling works on display.
So much more than just Hollywood glitz and glam, LA also has breathtaking ocean vistas, indie shopping, amusement parks, and delicious food. Here are 20 LA attractions that shouldn’t be missed.
Some theaters not only house gifted singers, dancers, musicians and actors, their architectural elements are applause-worthy as well. These 15 opulent and extravagant theaters are some of the most marvelous venues in the world to catch everything from opera to flamenco to the high-kicking Rockettes.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $197 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $1199 -- Balcony: 2015 Alaska Cruises w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $297* & up -- Cheap Flights to Aruba (Roundtrip, incl. Tax)Aruba Tourism Authority
- $269-$289 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffWestin St. Francis
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $109 & up -- Ends 9/19: Bahamas Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line