News Stories Tagged art
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
This MoMA PS1 Communications Director searches the world for great art—in private collections and big museums, in hidden galleries and out in nature. And she's not stopping there. Here she talks art pilgrimages and where to brunch in NYC.
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the return of Art Week, of which Art Basel is the crown jewel. Here's an inside take on the whole affair.
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. And there's no better way to celebrate the milestone than with a Fab Four-themed adventure in Liverpool and London.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Calling all hotel (and travel) nerds! Get thee to the Vancouver Art Gallery for "Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life Exhibition" to ogle old hotel artifacts and see just how far hotels have come in the last century or so.
He may have never visited Chicago himself, but the Windy City played a huge role in Picasso's artistic career—it was where many of his works made their American debut 100 years ago.
Finding great art is not a museum-exclusive hunt. These hotels are the best among the many that not only boast stunning architecture on the outside, but that have walls lined with works of art within.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $50 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel & Resort SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises
- $1314 & up -- Panama Canal & Rainforest Getaway w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $49* & up -- Ends 12/18: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America