News Stories Tagged art
Whether you're a major collector or a budding art aficionado, these global fairs are worth making a trip to see in person.
Design enthusiasts flock here year-round to cozy up in retro motels or sip martinis at throwback eateries.
There's an abundance of art all over the city that you can walk right past without noticing. Here's where you should be looking.
Ten spaces that showcase art in uniquely refurbished buildings.
Is your next vacation itinerary a blank canvas? Our list of the top art-centric hotels in America will inspire you to stay in one of these creative spots.
Ever since the Gilded Age, the United States has had a strong tradition of art collecting. Check out 15 museums where you can see their amassed works, sometimes in the collectors' homes.
Shrouded in mystery and history, Ethiopia is an emerging hot spot that's just beginning to unveil its many treasures to international tourists. Look first to the capital, Addis Ababa, where tradition meets modernity.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
Tourists and lifelong New Yorkers alike can appreciate the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art on Fifth Avenue. But there’s plenty to see in the Met besides the Titians, Monets, and Renoirs. Some of the less-visited wings hold some amazing surprises, from a replica of a Ming Dynasty courtyard to the facade of a bank rescued from destruction.
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing. Several notable museums have cropped up throughout the sprawling metropolis over the past few years—read on for five of Fodor's favorites.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $8.12 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1299 & up -- Berlin, Prague, Vienna & Budapest 8-Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $99-129 -- D.C.: Georgetown Hotel Over Holidays, Save 50%Washington Marriott Georgetown
- $135 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North