News Stories Tagged art
Is your next vacation itinerary a blank canvas? Our list of the top art-centric hotels in America will inspire you to stay in one of these creative spots.
Ever since the Gilded Age, the United States has had a strong tradition of art collecting. Check out 15 museums where you can see their amassed works, sometimes in the collectors' homes.
Shrouded in mystery and history, Ethiopia is an emerging hot spot that's just beginning to unveil its many treasures to international tourists. Look first to the capital, Addis Ababa, where tradition meets modernity.
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St. Petersburg, making it the ideal Florida stop for those who want to pack more than towels and sunscreen into their Gulf Coast getaways.
Tourists and lifelong New Yorkers alike can appreciate the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art on Fifth Avenue. But there’s plenty to see in the Met besides the Titians, Monets, and Renoirs. Some of the less-visited wings hold some amazing surprises, from a replica of a Ming Dynasty courtyard to the facade of a bank rescued from destruction.
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing. Several notable museums have cropped up throughout the sprawling metropolis over the past few years—read on for five of Fodor's favorites.
What if you were to visit Orlando and not set foot in a single theme park? You'd find this city has a lot more to offer than just Mickey. Here are 10 Orlando attractions outside the theme park bubble.
Covet all the chic home decor and design inspiration you see while traveling? Be inspired even more, and start creating your international wishlist, via StyleVisa's Pinterest boards.
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there at all. Read on for five reasons why this tropical outpost warrants more than just an extended layover.
In recent years, Milwaukee has infused art, nature, mixology, craft beers, and farm-to-table foods into its landscape. Here are five reasons to check out this Midwestern metropolis before the first frost
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Caribbean Travel Deals in Tobago up to 40% OffTobago Division of Tourism and Transportation
- $635 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $889 & up -- Luxe Royal Hawaiian 3 Nts w/Air, Car, BreakfastPleasant Holidays
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $909* & up -- Europe Fare Sale from across the U.S. (R/T)Lufthansa
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago