News Stories Tagged arizona
Our three Scottsdale itineraries for outdoorsy types, art lovers, and foodies.
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where health and fitness get top billing.
Road trips are a favorite summer pastime and there are endless drives to take in the US. But there are a few that are truly iconic, passing stunning scenes and charming towns. Here are the 4 you just can't miss.
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, its America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low key charm that big cities can't match.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Okay, we're ready for an Arizona trip now. The 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (the "Boneyard") is home to 5,000 retired military aircraft, just taking a break from flying.
As the temperatures start to drop, our minds wander to winter escapes—whether that means hitting the slopes, the sand, or the city. Here are our expert picks for where to head this winter.
You got a costume, stocked up on candy corn, and put fake cobwebs everywhere, but something (someone?) is missing. It's probably ghosts! Hunt them down at these fun, spooky, historic hotels.
We've all road tripped in four-wheeled vehicles, but what about hitting Route 66 on two wheels? Motorcycle trips are where road trips meet adventure, and these four destinations are great starting points.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Whether you're off on a spiritual journey or just hiking the red rock landscapes of Sedona, we've got an insider's guide to the best of the desert town, from wine tasting to cliff jumping.
In March, I got to go to Sedona with Sony Electronics to test out their new camera line. I came away with a new love of digital cameras and a host of tips for taking better summer travel snaps.
Skip the beach this summer and head to the hottest destinations around. Literally.The Southwest is more than hot temps, it offers hip, luxurious, and food- and art-filled getaways—with great summer deals.
Celebrate spring by watching the butterflies flutter by at the Desert Botanical Garden of Phoenix, Arizona during their Spring Butterfly Exhibit.
The Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona, has an incredible gift shop with authentic, high-quality goods purchased directly from Native American artists.
With the stress of flight schedules and time zone changes, travelers often arrive at their destinations desperate for sleep. It's no wonder hotels got hip to offering guests special packages to help them snooze. From sleep concierges to in-room studies that unlock why you're lacking shut-eye, here are our top picks for places that give you a good shot of waking up refreshed.
Unless you can jet off to the Swiss Alps, which is seeing record snowfall this winter, skiing options are limited in North America as the snow drought continues. But the good news is that while conditions at big-name mountains may be less than ideal, fresh powder sits atop deep bases in several less obvious locales—from Idaho to Arizona.
On the last day of 2011, we thought looking back at our favorite slideshow photos would inspire travel in the year to come. Collectively, we journeyed to dozens of destinations, and our snapshots span the globe—from Italy's beautiful gardens along the Amalfi Coast, to Switzerland's charming countryside, to Hawaii's incredible natural wonders.
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
Looking for last-minute getaways that won’t break the bank? You can give in to the impulse, as these six sites make it easy for the wallet-conscious to travel like a spontaneous globe-trotter.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $799 -- Oceanview Cabin on Bermuda Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $629 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. Vacation w/Spa Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown