News Stories Tagged arizona
Book online to get your desired time. Most courses are connected to reservation services that book tee times online, up to a week in advance. Get availability, pricing, and discounted tee time information by logging on to an individual course’s Web site.
Planning a family National Park trip this summer? Remember that even the most beautiful scenery can quickly become boring for little ones with short attention spans. Here are some of our top family experiences, from cowboy cookouts to animal encounters, at the most popular national parks.
Most visitors to the Grand Canyon are lucky if they even get to glimpse a sliver of the Colorado River below during their whirlwind three-hour tour of the South Rim. However, putting yourself at the mercy of the river and exploring the depths of the canyon from aboard a raft is an entirely different, and otherworldly, experience. No other rafting trip combines so many days of staggering scenery, whitewater thrills, and magical hikes.
With so many natural wonders in one state, it's easy to overlook some of the smaller parks with lesser designations. In short: go beyond the Grand Canyon!
Some National Parks have unique backcountry lodging options: ranches, camps, and even chalets. Staying in one is somewhere between staying in a campground and staying in a great lodge. After a rewarding—and often challenging—trail, you'll leave the crowds behind and get closer to nature while still having a bed to sleep in.
"In planning for our next trip to Arizona, I visited Visitors Bureaus online. Tuscon's site features the Tucson Attractions Passport. It's a $15 purchase but provides a long varied list of 2 for 1 offers or discounts in southern Arizona to attractions we actually want to visit so would be worth it for us. The Sedona Tourism Bureau has a $10 Sedona SuperPass." -- shared by Fodor's member jojo46... From the Forums: Budget Tips for Arizona...
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest.
Want to take your own kids on the road this summer? Here are ten U.S. National Parks that won't disappoint.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $699 -- Costa Rica: 4-Star All-Incl. Riu Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $209 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $449 & up -- Bermuda Weeklong Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line