News Stories Tagged archaeological sites
All over the globe, from Rome to Zimbabwe, civilizations have left behind impressive monuments and structures that attest to their former glory.
Mexico's landscape is dotted with historical sites that span many centuries. Dive into the country's unique past by checking out our picks for its 10 best archaeological treasures.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 55% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $195 & up -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $2310 & up -- French Riviera 5-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand