News Stories Tagged apps
We get it. You're just trying to get from A to B without frustrating stops in C, D, E, and F. Download these handy apps to help you navigate the world's subways like a local.
Truly spontaneous jet-setters (and budget-hunters) rejoice—Hotwire's new mobile booking app lets you get somewhere and then book discounted hotel rooms from your phone.
Whether you're a block from home or thousands of miles, we think you can see things with a traveler's curiosity. And this new app agrees providing recommendations and interesting facts as you encounter them.
Parlez-vous Francais? Sprechen sie Deutsch? Not so much? Welcome to your new favorite app—Fodor's Travel Phrases. Its got 22 languages, no robot voices, and works without WiFi.
Staying ahead of the culture curve is a pricey endeavor, not to mention a tough one to keep up. Not so with these apps. They'll keep you in the loop on art exhibits, free museum days, and public art.
If you're anything like us, you're constantly combing stories and blogs (like ours) for great tips ahead of your next trip. And then... you lose them. Download Anchornote to keep those top tips handy.
Uber is an on-demand car service that uses iPhones (instead of dispatch services and hailing). And while customers seem to be benefiting, regulatory bodies in DC, NYC, and Boston are less convinced.
It's just about that time again...leaf-peeping time. So do as our ancestors did, and whip out your iPhone so you can figure out what you're looking at and when you'll see the best colors.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Layovers mean having to navigate another airport (and its food options) before your holiday. Don't debate which Auntie Anne's pretzel seems healthiest, with these apps you can stay healthy in any airport.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays