News Stories Tagged apps
Hotel apps in general haven't hit their stride yet, but there are some fun and useful ones we suggest you download—they do more than just let you check in on your phone.
We get it. You're just trying to get from A to B without frustrating stops in C, D, E, and F. Download these handy apps to help you navigate the world's subways like a local.
Truly spontaneous jet-setters (and budget-hunters) rejoice—Hotwire's new mobile booking app lets you get somewhere and then book discounted hotel rooms from your phone.
Whether you're a block from home or thousands of miles, we think you can see things with a traveler's curiosity. And this new app agrees providing recommendations and interesting facts as you encounter them.
Parlez-vous Francais? Sprechen sie Deutsch? Not so much? Welcome to your new favorite app—Fodor's Travel Phrases. Its got 22 languages, no robot voices, and works without WiFi.
Staying ahead of the culture curve is a pricey endeavor, not to mention a tough one to keep up. Not so with these apps. They'll keep you in the loop on art exhibits, free museum days, and public art.
If you're anything like us, you're constantly combing stories and blogs (like ours) for great tips ahead of your next trip. And then... you lose them. Download Anchornote to keep those top tips handy.
Uber is an on-demand car service that uses iPhones (instead of dispatch services and hailing). And while customers seem to be benefiting, regulatory bodies in DC, NYC, and Boston are less convinced.
It's just about that time again...leaf-peeping time. So do as our ancestors did, and whip out your iPhone so you can figure out what you're looking at and when you'll see the best colors.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $1269 & up -- Iceland 4-Night Northern Lights Trip w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2722 & up -- Rome & Florence Cooking Escape w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino