News Stories Tagged apps
We will never tire of getting tips from industry insiders. Particularly if those tips are 'where to eat' and the insiders are amazing chefs. That's why we fell for Find.Eat.Drink's new iPhone app.
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
We love a well-curated guide as much as the next guy (duh), but sometimes it's better to have your most important bits front and center. This geek-out-worthy app lets you do just that.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
For the last few months, the world has been in directional limbo—could we really trust Apple Maps? Would it lead us astray? Google Maps has come to the rescue with their new app.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Hotel apps in general haven't hit their stride yet, but there are some fun and useful ones we suggest you download—they do more than just let you check in on your phone.
We get it. You're just trying to get from A to B without frustrating stops in C, D, E, and F. Download these handy apps to help you navigate the world's subways like a local.
Truly spontaneous jet-setters (and budget-hunters) rejoice—Hotwire's new mobile booking app lets you get somewhere and then book discounted hotel rooms from your phone.
Whether you're a block from home or thousands of miles, we think you can see things with a traveler's curiosity. And this new app agrees providing recommendations and interesting facts as you encounter them.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116 & up -- Summer Dates at Myrtle Beach Resort, 45% OffThe Palms Resort
- $97 & up -- Beachfront Myrtle Beach Family Resort w/BowlingCaptain's Quarters Family & Golf Resort
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971On the Rocks Villa
- $208 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Times Square Hotel, 50% OffWestin New York Times Square
- $3664* & up -- Business Class to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $1999 & up -- Bali & Malaysia 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $520Tourism Malaysia / Sayang Holidays