News Stories Tagged apps
It gets us every time—March arrives, but warm weather is still weeks away. Before you hitch yourself onto a Spring Break trip, take our tips for booking a cheap (and easy) last-minute getaway.
There is an art to armchair traveling, and Google Maps has mastered it. From their newly released Grand Canyon Street View to the Colosseum, here's where they're taking you (and your computer) now.
Your Instagram followers are regularly treated to your awesome vacation photos. But there are so many other apps to use to make sure everyone is jealous of your awesome vacation.
We will never tire of getting tips from industry insiders. Particularly if those tips are 'where to eat' and the insiders are amazing chefs. That's why we fell for Find.Eat.Drink's new iPhone app.
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
We love a well-curated guide as much as the next guy (duh), but sometimes it's better to have your most important bits front and center. This geek-out-worthy app lets you do just that.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
For the last few months, the world has been in directional limbo—could we really trust Apple Maps? Would it lead us astray? Google Maps has come to the rescue with their new app.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Hotel apps in general haven't hit their stride yet, but there are some fun and useful ones we suggest you download—they do more than just let you check in on your phone.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways