News Stories Tagged apps
Charge up that smart phone (or tablet) and learn the fine art of mobile gambling with the help of Celebrity Cruises and Cantor Gaming.
Fodor's new free app lets you quickly search for whatever you need to say, so you'll never have to sound like a tourist again (as for mastering the accent—you're on your own).
US Airways launched a new app for passengers this week, letting them book flights, find airport maps, and check-in for existing reservations.
From iPad check-ins and remote control of your rooms lighting and temperature to an interactive app from your resort, hotels are jumping on the tech-savvy bandwagon. Here are our favorite innovations.
What started with six has now expanded to 12 top destinations around the world, with more to come! Our free Fodor's City Guide apps offer our up-to-the-minute picks, tips, and a handy interactive map.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
Fancy yourself a pro smartphone photographer? Not without these apps. Take your vacation snaps and add filters, adjust contrast, crop, print, and more to make them look magnifique.
We're sorry to report you won't be one of the 40,000 "new followers" getting a free flight, guys. Fake airline Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts are popping up again offering free flights.
Listen up, amateur gumshoes. There's a new way to uncover the hidden city: HiddenCity, an app that works as part city tour, part scavenger hunt. For now, the cities are all in England.
We may not be professional cartographers, but we're loving this app that lets us plot our favorite points (restaurants, sights, etc) on a map, share maps with friends, and find maps of new cities from others.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand