News Stories Tagged animals
Whether you travel for business or pleasure, sometimes it is the little extras that make you feel more at home. And one of our favorite hotel perks are adorable resident pet mascots, from dogs to ducks.
To celebrate National Pet Day, we're letting our furry friends take over. The first order of business is convincing you, the traveler, to plan a pet-friendly road trip now that the weather's warming up. Here's plenty of inspiration.
Oscar's seen it all. From the Great Wall of China to Machu Picchu, he has traveled all over the world in the interests of both self-enrichment (sightseeing) and raising awareness of pet rescues.
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
One of the most fun ways we've found to immerse yourself in a new culture is to attend a local festival. And it doesn't get more colorful, fascinating, and unique than the Bikaner Camel Festival in India.
And no, by "wild animals" we do not mean people watching on the Strip. Las Vegas' resorts are home to an array of exotic animals from sharks and dolphins to leopards and white lions.
With sun, surf, sand, and, you know, manatees, Vieques has it all, whether you're a family or just a couple of lovebirds. Here are five reasons to visit this (relatively) hidden Caribbean hot spot.
Apes, rhinos, and whales—oh my! (And lions, blue-footed boobies, and polar bears, too.) Here are 5 top cruises for getting up close and personal with some amazing animals.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways