News Stories Tagged amsterdam
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. Resident expat Russell Shorto, whose new book traces its idiosyncratic history, shares his favorite experiences in the world's most liberal city.
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals, and endless sites and shops. Explore them all in these chic picks.
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above and beyond showing you the sights. Here are our top picks.
We're taking you beyond the atmospheric coffee shops that Amsterdam is known for in favor of a gourmet culinary canal tour, a hidden farmer's market, and a Dutch cheese school.
Amsterdam is a city where high and low are happy neighbors, making it easy for all travelers to hop on a bicycle, taste delicious Dutch cheeses, picnic by the canals, and soak in some culture.
There is such a thing as an over-the-top trip without an over-the-top budget. Here are our picks for the most affordable destinations around the world this year. More savings for souvenirs!
Who says you have to be a twenty-something backpacker to enjoy all of Amsterdam's delights? Our European correspondent explores good food, high art and tandem bicycles.
You've seen the sights and strolled along the canals in Amsterdam, so why not spend a couple of days exploring the city's surrounds? Here are the four most charming and worthwhile day trips from the city.
Amsterdam is getting a cool new hotel this week—an Andaz to call its own. The hotel should blend in seamlessly, offering artsy vibes, farm-to-table food, and bike rentals to guests.
Boy have we got a deal for you—two deals in fact! Amsterdam's luxe The Dylan hotel and Basel, Switzerland's Swissotel Le Plaza are offering Fodors.com readers exclusive discounts.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $835 & up -- Ireland 7-Nt. 4-City Package w/Air, Hotel & CarEuropeanDestinations.com
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $59* & up -- Spring Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel