News Stories Tagged amsterdam
One of our editors gives advice on the perfect two-day itinerary for Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. Resident expat Russell Shorto, whose new book traces its idiosyncratic history, shares his favorite experiences in the world's most liberal city.
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals, and endless sites and shops. Explore them all in these chic picks.
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above and beyond showing you the sights. Here are our top picks.
We're taking you beyond the atmospheric coffee shops that Amsterdam is known for in favor of a gourmet culinary canal tour, a hidden farmer's market, and a Dutch cheese school.
Amsterdam is a city where high and low are happy neighbors, making it easy for all travelers to hop on a bicycle, taste delicious Dutch cheeses, picnic by the canals, and soak in some culture.
There is such a thing as an over-the-top trip without an over-the-top budget. Here are our picks for the most affordable destinations around the world this year. More savings for souvenirs!
Who says you have to be a twenty-something backpacker to enjoy all of Amsterdam's delights? Our European correspondent explores good food, high art and tandem bicycles.
You've seen the sights and strolled along the canals in Amsterdam, so why not spend a couple of days exploring the city's surrounds? Here are the four most charming and worthwhile day trips from the city.
Amsterdam is getting a cool new hotel this week—an Andaz to call its own. The hotel should blend in seamlessly, offering artsy vibes, farm-to-table food, and bike rentals to guests.
Boy have we got a deal for you—two deals in fact! Amsterdam's luxe The Dylan hotel and Basel, Switzerland's Swissotel Le Plaza are offering Fodors.com readers exclusive discounts.
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences. And boy did you deliver—here are some of the most life-changing stories you told us.
If you're thinking about visiting Amsterdam, summer's the best time to come. Here's our guide to the can't-miss summer events in and around Amsterdam.
Amsterdam conjures up the three C's for most of us: canals, cute houses, and coffee shops. Add culinary adventures to that with these five can't miss eats.
From Spirit Airlines' much-hated announcement this week to Karl Lagerfeld's chic take on a hotel pool, here are the top headlines we're reading this morning.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
From Degas at the Musée d’Orsay to Kandinsky and his symbolist cohorts at Amsterdam's Van Gogh Museum, new art exhibits are already heralding the start of spring. Just book a ticket, and let our mini itinerary guide your art getaway.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
If you want another dose of art before you leave Amsterdam, don't miss the chance to visit the mini Rijksmuseum Museum at Schiphol Airport before you fly home.
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging into organic food is promoted, and recycling is expected, consider the following eco-friendly options.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $189 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Fall, 75% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $949 -- Caribbean 9-Night Cruise w/Balcony, Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $169 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $1675 & up -- 9-Nt. Bangkok, Singapore & Bali Package w/AirTripMasters.com
- $79 & up -- St. Petersburg Oceanfront Resort, Reg. $181BookIt.com