News Stories Tagged amsterdam
One of our editors gives advice on the perfect two-day itinerary for Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. Resident expat Russell Shorto, whose new book traces its idiosyncratic history, shares his favorite experiences in the world's most liberal city.
The Netherlands' charming capital city has a bit of everything—bikes and bars, cafes and canals, and endless sites and shops. Explore them all in these chic picks.
From romantic, three-course meals to carefully crafted cocktails, Amsterdam's best canal cruises go above and beyond showing you the sights. Here are our top picks.
We're taking you beyond the atmospheric coffee shops that Amsterdam is known for in favor of a gourmet culinary canal tour, a hidden farmer's market, and a Dutch cheese school.
Amsterdam is a city where high and low are happy neighbors, making it easy for all travelers to hop on a bicycle, taste delicious Dutch cheeses, picnic by the canals, and soak in some culture.
There is such a thing as an over-the-top trip without an over-the-top budget. Here are our picks for the most affordable destinations around the world this year. More savings for souvenirs!
Who says you have to be a twenty-something backpacker to enjoy all of Amsterdam's delights? Our European correspondent explores good food, high art and tandem bicycles.
You've seen the sights and strolled along the canals in Amsterdam, so why not spend a couple of days exploring the city's surrounds? Here are the four most charming and worthwhile day trips from the city.
Amsterdam is getting a cool new hotel this week—an Andaz to call its own. The hotel should blend in seamlessly, offering artsy vibes, farm-to-table food, and bike rentals to guests.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $394 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $1199 -- Bermuda Cruise w/All Drinks, Tips & $500 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $644 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Winter Caribbean Cruise on PrincessCruise.com
- $84 & up -- Weekends at D.C.-Area 4-Star Hotel incl. ParkingSheraton Tysons Hotel