News Stories Tagged amazon
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Unlock the secrets of the Amazon River with Avalon Waterways—think gray and pink dolphins; kingfishers and falcons; and tamarin monkeys. Onboard, think local wines and haute Peruvian cuisine.
Journalist and author Scott Wallace has been treading where few dare—in the deep depths of the Amazon, in search of a tribe known as the Arrow People. Here, his meditation on what it took, and what came from the adventure.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $168 & up -- USVI: Winter Resort Sale incl. Flight CreditsBookIt.com
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays