News Stories Tagged amazon
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Unlock the secrets of the Amazon River with Avalon Waterways—think gray and pink dolphins; kingfishers and falcons; and tamarin monkeys. Onboard, think local wines and haute Peruvian cuisine.
Journalist and author Scott Wallace has been treading where few dare—in the deep depths of the Amazon, in search of a tribe known as the Arrow People. Here, his meditation on what it took, and what came from the adventure.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $699 & up -- Cancun 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $999 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $679 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America