News Stories Tagged alaska
There's no better way to deepen your understanding of the state's history and people than with a stop to this museum.
The hidden coves, calving glaciers, and remarkable wildlife of Alaska have secured its standing as the world’s third-largest cruise market (trailing only behind the Caribbean and Mediterranean), with 2012’s cruise calendar shaping up to be its biggest and best yet.
Festivals and carnivals featuring ice sculptures, sled dog races, sleigh rides, and more, give travelers a chance to join locals in fun, annual traditions. We've rounded up the best of the fests—from Vermont to Alaska—for you to consider while vacationing in your favorite winter wonderland.
Bestselling author Howard Blum's latest book, The Floor of Heaven is inspired by the tumultuous events in Skagway, Alaska. He shares a bit of the town's fabled heritage and the top ways to experience the town's history today.
Alaska is one of cruising's showcase destinations. Which cruise is right for you depends on numerous factors, notably your budget, the size and style of ship you choose, and the itinerary.
Thinking of a unique first-time cruise to Alaska but not sure what's so different about the small ship experience? Been on an Alaska cruise in the past and looking for a more intimate experience? Here are some tips to help you figure out if small-ship cruising in Alaska is right for you.
There are lots of decisions to be made before you go on an Alaskan cruise. Luckily we're here to help. Here's how to make sense of the top five most-asked questions.
Want to take your own kids on the road this summer? Here are ten U.S. National Parks that won't disappoint.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $499 & up -- 4-Nt. La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2229 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji Islands 23-Day CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $1301 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from BostonGreat Value Vacations