News Stories Tagged alaska
For maximum no-frills thrill on an expedition cruise, focus on the must-have items and leave all the rest at home.
We've gathered the best of the best in all-inclusive hospitality just for you. Check out our picks from Tasmania to Alaska and everything in between!
American Safari bought a new ship that will not only add a swank Victorian-style modern vessel to its fleet, but will sail new historic routes in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Sailings begin summer 2013.
Holland America Line's ms Volendam, which was heading for Margerie Glacier in Glacier Bay, Alaska, rescued 70 people from a disabled sightseeing vessel yesterday.
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
Most people associate dog-sledding with cold weather, snow, and a particularly infamous Alaskan trail. There are dog-sledding options, however, in Alaska even for those who prefer warmer mushing weather.
Anchorage's charming, garden-fronted Copper Whale Inn, ideally situated within walking distance of most of downtown's top establishments (and just a stone's throw from the city's stunning 11-mile Tony Knowles Coastal Trail), is offering Fodorites an exclusive 20-percent off deal.
Heli-hiking, which essentially borrows from the heli-skiing concept—minus the skis or the snow—is quickly gaining ground as the latest bucket-list adventure trend. Here, a few spots where you can fly high on your next hiking trip.
Unfolding on the fringes of the ring-shaped auroral oval that circles the globe's Arctic realms, the aurora borealis phenomenon—a mystical apparition of glowing bands that float and spiral overhead (really solar particles bouncing off the earth's magnetic field)—can't help but inspire the imagination of all who bear witness to its splendor. A trek into the Alaska wilderness's bone-chilling winter wonderland affords optimum viewing conditions, particularly in the state's northern reaches. We've rounded up four unique opportunities to combine northern lights viewing with an extra boost of only-in-Alaska adventure.
Princess Cruises recently launched a series of discounts on their popular Alaskan cruises. The "Denali on Sale" deal, which continues through March 15th, features Alaska tours starting from $799/person for a 10-night trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $104 & up -- San Francisco Hotel incl. Breakfast, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $1099 -- Mediterranean: 14-Nt. Princess Cruise w/$300 CreditPrincess Cruises
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $1461* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2865 & up -- Australia 6-City Land Only Trip incl. UluruSpringboard Vacations
- $799 -- Balcony on World's Largest Ship w/$500 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet