News Stories Tagged alaska
For maximum no-frills thrill on an expedition cruise, focus on the must-have items and leave all the rest at home.
We've gathered the best of the best in all-inclusive hospitality just for you. Check out our picks from Tasmania to Alaska and everything in between!
American Safari bought a new ship that will not only add a swank Victorian-style modern vessel to its fleet, but will sail new historic routes in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Sailings begin summer 2013.
Holland America Line's ms Volendam, which was heading for Margerie Glacier in Glacier Bay, Alaska, rescued 70 people from a disabled sightseeing vessel yesterday.
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. From kid-friendly restaurants in Paris to hike-in lodges in the Great Smoky Mountains, we've got plenty of recommendations. Read on to join our summer adventures!
Most people associate dog-sledding with cold weather, snow, and a particularly infamous Alaskan trail. There are dog-sledding options, however, in Alaska even for those who prefer warmer mushing weather.
Anchorage's charming, garden-fronted Copper Whale Inn, ideally situated within walking distance of most of downtown's top establishments (and just a stone's throw from the city's stunning 11-mile Tony Knowles Coastal Trail), is offering Fodorites an exclusive 20-percent off deal.
Heli-hiking, which essentially borrows from the heli-skiing concept—minus the skis or the snow—is quickly gaining ground as the latest bucket-list adventure trend. Here, a few spots where you can fly high on your next hiking trip.
Unfolding on the fringes of the ring-shaped auroral oval that circles the globe's Arctic realms, the aurora borealis phenomenon—a mystical apparition of glowing bands that float and spiral overhead (really solar particles bouncing off the earth's magnetic field)—can't help but inspire the imagination of all who bear witness to its splendor. A trek into the Alaska wilderness's bone-chilling winter wonderland affords optimum viewing conditions, particularly in the state's northern reaches. We've rounded up four unique opportunities to combine northern lights viewing with an extra boost of only-in-Alaska adventure.
Princess Cruises recently launched a series of discounts on their popular Alaskan cruises. The "Denali on Sale" deal, which continues through March 15th, features Alaska tours starting from $799/person for a 10-night trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $916* & up -- Fly to Chile from the U.S. Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN
- $93 & up -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $3150 & up -- Shanghai & Beijing 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations