News Stories Tagged airports
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Planning a trip means compromising on luxuries like comfy airport transfers and free WiFi to get a better deal. But by paying upfront for these programs, those little luxuries are waiting for your arrival.
Layovers mean having to navigate another airport (and its food options) before your holiday. Don't debate which Auntie Anne's pretzel seems healthiest, with these apps you can stay healthy in any airport.
It sounds like a stretch, we know. But we have actually been upgraded for no real reason beyond being the chicest ones at the gate (if we say so ourselves). Here's what to wear to saunter into first class.
What's the worst thing about air travel? The TSA put a survey together, coming up with the top 5 passenger complaints. Here's what they've proposed to do about them, and what we can do in the meantime.
They may seem elusive and rule-driven, but flight attendants are people, too. So we asked a real-life gatekeeper of the skies to tell us what it's really like to spend so much time above 10,000 feet.
Many parts of the airport process need upgrading, and getting food is high on the list. Now three international airports are rolling out a tech-friendly system to get (good) food delivered to your gate.
American Airlines, one of the many carriers that charge you for checked bags, is now launching its own luggage delivery service at a pretty affordable rate. What's the catch?
The key to traveling with kids is the prep-work. Make it fun: booking restaurant reservations and buying tickets to museum exhibits in advance will get everyone excited about the trip before you lift-off.
They have names like Paige and Carla, and can provide directions on security procedures in two languages, information on forms of identification for customs-destined international travelers, or other basic facts. And they are not human.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/18: Hawaii 7-Nt. Cruise w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites