News Stories Tagged airports
Planning a trip means compromising on luxuries like comfy airport transfers and free WiFi to get a better deal. But by paying upfront for these programs, those little luxuries are waiting for your arrival.
Layovers mean having to navigate another airport (and its food options) before your holiday. Don't debate which Auntie Anne's pretzel seems healthiest, with these apps you can stay healthy in any airport.
It sounds like a stretch, we know. But we have actually been upgraded for no real reason beyond being the chicest ones at the gate (if we say so ourselves). Here's what to wear to saunter into first class.
What's the worst thing about air travel? The TSA put a survey together, coming up with the top 5 passenger complaints. Here's what they've proposed to do about them, and what we can do in the meantime.
They may seem elusive and rule-driven, but flight attendants are people, too. So we asked a real-life gatekeeper of the skies to tell us what it's really like to spend so much time above 10,000 feet.
Many parts of the airport process need upgrading, and getting food is high on the list. Now three international airports are rolling out a tech-friendly system to get (good) food delivered to your gate.
American Airlines, one of the many carriers that charge you for checked bags, is now launching its own luggage delivery service at a pretty affordable rate. What's the catch?
The key to traveling with kids is the prep-work. Make it fun: booking restaurant reservations and buying tickets to museum exhibits in advance will get everyone excited about the trip before you lift-off.
They have names like Paige and Carla, and can provide directions on security procedures in two languages, information on forms of identification for customs-destined international travelers, or other basic facts. And they are not human.
Toddlers and airplanes are rarely fast friends. But planning ahead helps, so use these fool-proof (and hard-won) tips for making sure your vacation actually is one. And when in doubt, order wine.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $49 & up -- Atlantic City Hotel Sale incl. Extras & CreditsAtlantic City
- $1899 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 8-Nt., 4-City Trip w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $349 -- Cruise from US to Europe w/Upgrades; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, 55% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $2031 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Escorted Trip w/AirTripMasters.com