News Stories Tagged airports
Many parts of the airport process need upgrading, and getting food is high on the list. Now three international airports are rolling out a tech-friendly system to get (good) food delivered to your gate.
American Airlines, one of the many carriers that charge you for checked bags, is now launching its own luggage delivery service at a pretty affordable rate. What's the catch?
The key to traveling with kids is the prep-work. Make it fun: booking restaurant reservations and buying tickets to museum exhibits in advance will get everyone excited about the trip before you lift-off.
They have names like Paige and Carla, and can provide directions on security procedures in two languages, information on forms of identification for customs-destined international travelers, or other basic facts. And they are not human.
Toddlers and airplanes are rarely fast friends. But planning ahead helps, so use these fool-proof (and hard-won) tips for making sure your vacation actually is one. And when in doubt, order wine.
The general consensus on traveling with kids is that it's all headaches and delay-induced boredom. Not for this Fodor's writer. Traveling with her Mini-Me is all delicious treats and airport adventures.
Staying in an airport hotel is often the insult on top of a flight delay, cancellation, or long layover. But some hotels are upping the ante on amenities and decor. So if you have to, get stuck in one of these.
As we gear up to roam the country this 4th of July, we got to thinking about the restrictions that get put on using our gadgets in the air. Why are they in place, and... are they really necessary?
A man who'd been released from prison on Monday boarded a United Airlines flight in San Diego yesterday with no ticket or security clearance, prompting airport security concerns.
Flier complaints are up quite a bit from the same time last year, with United really falling in the ranks. But its Southwest that is the star of TLC's new reality show about the trials and tribulations of air travel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays