News Stories Tagged airports
The holidays are a perfect storm of travel—crowded airports, winter storms, and high prices meet at once. Here are some tips for avoiding air travel issues and getting back on the go.
Nobody loves airport security—"shoes off!" screamed at you every 4 seconds. But with easily-falsified boarding passes, the TSAs PreCheck program, while convenient, might make for new dangers.
What's your favorite part of an airport? If that sounds like a trick question, consider getting delayed in one of these airports, which boast cool, unique spaces from a yoga room to a butterfly garden.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
Known as T5i, JetBlue's swank, new terminal expansion at JFK will include upgrades like three new gates, easier connections, and (get this) immigration facilities right there.
Delays and cancellations are among the most frustrating parts of travel, made worse by unexpected expenses like meals and overnight stays. Here's how to not pay through the nose next time you're stranded.
Porter Air, a Canadian-based airline, just opened their first lounge in the United States. Why is this news? Because their lounge accepts all passengers, not just the Diamond Platinum Medallion ones.
"Operation Last Call" is the best-named, though ill-fated, sting operation in recent airport news memory. Eighteen JFK employees were caught in an elaborate mini-bottle theft scheme this week.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $66* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $1751 & up -- Thailand 4-City 8-Nt. Trip w/Air & TransfersTripMasters.com
- $549 & up -- Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $39 & up -- 1-BR Villa at 4-Diamond Beach Resort, 30% OffNorth Beach Plantation