News Stories Tagged airports
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole, as they announce further delays and complications, without setting a new opening date.
The TSA announced this week a change in rules concerning what items can be brought on planes. The new rules allow for small knives, bats, and more.
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club at LAS, and it's just as decadent as you'd expect.
Parking at the airport is a huge pain, and at this point your friends are sick of dropping you off. Cue FlightCar, a new service that rents out your car while you're gone.
Munich airport has got the right idea with their new Napcabs—sleeping pods with WiFi, air-con, flight info, and an alarm clock. Unless you like using your carry-on as a pillow.
Ah, the dreaded layover. Hours of boredom before hours on an airplane. Unless, that is, you can snag a layover at one of these fine airports. There's wine, shopping, driving ranges, yoga rooms, roof decks, and a butterfly garden. Read on.
If there's one word you'd use to describe most airport lounges in the US, it's probably not "luxurious" or "relaxing." Delta is working to change that by announcing two swank rooftop lounges.
Privacy can be hard to come by in an airport. Read on to hear the chatter from the Fodor's Forums about TSA's new privacy standards for security scanners.
This year in news sure gave us plenty to talk about around the water cooler. From very special coffee ingredients to ex-con exploits aboard aircraft, we look at the year's craziest travel stories.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $324* & up -- Flights to Aruba into Spring (Roundtrip)Aruba Tourism Authority
- $729 & up -- Aruba Vacations incl. Air up to $385 OffAruba Tourism Authority
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $125-$129 -- Suite: 4-Star Orlando Hotel w/Shuttles, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $119 -- Suite at Wisconsin Indoor Water Park Resort, 40% OffTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $225 & up -- D.C.: 4-Diamond St. Regis Hotel, up to 30% offSt. Regis Washington DC