News Stories Tagged airports
Known as T5i, JetBlue's swank, new terminal expansion at JFK will include upgrades like three new gates, easier connections, and (get this) immigration facilities right there.
Delays and cancellations are among the most frustrating parts of travel, made worse by unexpected expenses like meals and overnight stays. Here's how to not pay through the nose next time you're stranded.
Porter Air, a Canadian-based airline, just opened their first lounge in the United States. Why is this news? Because their lounge accepts all passengers, not just the Diamond Platinum Medallion ones.
"Operation Last Call" is the best-named, though ill-fated, sting operation in recent airport news memory. Eighteen JFK employees were caught in an elaborate mini-bottle theft scheme this week.
Using apps and mobile sites for traveling is still in its infancy of being convenient and widespread. Leave it to Apple and their new PassBook app to give us just what we want and need.
Planning a trip means compromising on luxuries like comfy airport transfers and free WiFi to get a better deal. But by paying upfront for these programs, those little luxuries are waiting for your arrival.
Layovers mean having to navigate another airport (and its food options) before your holiday. Don't debate which Auntie Anne's pretzel seems healthiest, with these apps you can stay healthy in any airport.
It sounds like a stretch, we know. But we have actually been upgraded for no real reason beyond being the chicest ones at the gate (if we say so ourselves). Here's what to wear to saunter into first class.
What's the worst thing about air travel? The TSA put a survey together, coming up with the top 5 passenger complaints. Here's what they've proposed to do about them, and what we can do in the meantime.
They may seem elusive and rule-driven, but flight attendants are people, too. So we asked a real-life gatekeeper of the skies to tell us what it's really like to spend so much time above 10,000 feet.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers