News Stories Tagged airports
This year in news sure gave us plenty to talk about around the water cooler. From very special coffee ingredients to ex-con exploits aboard aircraft, we look at the year's craziest travel stories.
Steel yourselves, holiday travelers. If you plan to arrive or depart from any of our country's major airports this season, take a look at this infographic. And charge your gadgets, you'll be on the ground for a while.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
A far cry from the trailers of yore, the new terminal at Long Beach Airport offers a taste of local cuisine, upscale amenities, and all around comfort. Plus, wine stewards.
We know you don't need a glass of wine on your way to visit your loved ones this holiday season. We wrote this for your friend. Tell your friend to plan his or her layovers accordingly.
The holidays are a perfect storm of travel—crowded airports, winter storms, and high prices meet at once. Here are some tips for avoiding air travel issues and getting back on the go.
Nobody loves airport security—"shoes off!" screamed at you every 4 seconds. But with easily-falsified boarding passes, the TSAs PreCheck program, while convenient, might make for new dangers.
What's your favorite part of an airport? If that sounds like a trick question, consider getting delayed in one of these airports, which boast cool, unique spaces from a yoga room to a butterfly garden.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways