News Stories Tagged airports
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole, as they announce further delays and complications, without setting a new opening date.
The TSA announced this week a change in rules concerning what items can be brought on planes. The new rules allow for small knives, bats, and more.
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club at LAS, and it's just as decadent as you'd expect.
Parking at the airport is a huge pain, and at this point your friends are sick of dropping you off. Cue FlightCar, a new service that rents out your car while you're gone.
Munich airport has got the right idea with their new Napcabs—sleeping pods with WiFi, air-con, flight info, and an alarm clock. Unless you like using your carry-on as a pillow.
Ah, the dreaded layover. Hours of boredom before hours on an airplane. Unless, that is, you can snag a layover at one of these fine airports. There's wine, shopping, driving ranges, yoga rooms, roof decks, and a butterfly garden. Read on.
If there's one word you'd use to describe most airport lounges in the US, it's probably not "luxurious" or "relaxing." Delta is working to change that by announcing two swank rooftop lounges.
Privacy can be hard to come by in an airport. Read on to hear the chatter from the Fodor's Forums about TSA's new privacy standards for security scanners.
This year in news sure gave us plenty to talk about around the water cooler. From very special coffee ingredients to ex-con exploits aboard aircraft, we look at the year's craziest travel stories.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Toronto 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $1275 & up -- U.S. River Cruises w/Hotel Stay, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $116 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C. Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $125 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites