News Stories Tagged airports
It is getting harder and harder to find a flight option where TSA PreCheck is not available. Both Southwest and JetBlue, the two largest carriers not previously in the program, are now participating.
When was the last time you left an airport security checkpoint feeling stress-free and relaxed? Never, right? In two airports, that's about to change thanks to a calming redesign.
Pulling into a terminal near you: food trucks. In cellphone lots and now even inside terminals, airports are welcoming food trucks to offer tasty regional cuisine from popular local chefs.
This will come as no surprise to anyone who's gone through a US customs hall lately, but our country's airports are reaching record high wait times that stand to threaten tourism.
The TSA will expand its PreCheck program to 100 airports by the end of this year, which will speed up the security line for pre-screened passengers and loyalty program members with elite statuses.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is taking on a decidedly less cutting-edge project than its terminal revamps. Instead, this one involves cutting grass—with barnyard animals.
At airports around the country, food trucks are showing up in cellphone waiting areas, offering travelers a tasty and welcoming introduction to the region's flavors.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Passengers looking to escape the waiting-area crush at New York's JFK airport now have an affordable lounge where they can relax in style.
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $219 & up -- Toronto Harbourfront Hotel w/Parking, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $82* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WAir Canada
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central