News Stories Tagged airports
The TSA will expand its PreCheck program to 100 airports by the end of this year, which will speed up the security line for pre-screened passengers and loyalty program members with elite statuses.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is taking on a decidedly less cutting-edge project than its terminal revamps. Instead, this one involves cutting grass—with barnyard animals.
At airports around the country, food trucks are showing up in cellphone waiting areas, offering travelers a tasty and welcoming introduction to the region's flavors.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Passengers looking to escape the waiting-area crush at New York's JFK airport now have an affordable lounge where they can relax in style.
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole, as they announce further delays and complications, without setting a new opening date.
The TSA announced this week a change in rules concerning what items can be brought on planes. The new rules allow for small knives, bats, and more.
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club at LAS, and it's just as decadent as you'd expect.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1099 & up -- Ireland: 5-Star Villa Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $118 & up -- Chicago Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $185-$235 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort, Save 45%Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago