News Stories Tagged airports
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached. Book a personal shopper while in transit, and easily navigate Heathrow's vast retail terrain.
Airport food can leave much to be desired. But a select number of airport restaurants are challenging that norm, offering freshly prepared, gourmet menus for guests on the go.
It is getting harder and harder to find a flight option where TSA PreCheck is not available. Both Southwest and JetBlue, the two largest carriers not previously in the program, are now participating.
When was the last time you left an airport security checkpoint feeling stress-free and relaxed? Never, right? In two airports, that's about to change thanks to a calming redesign.
Pulling into a terminal near you: food trucks. In cellphone lots and now even inside terminals, airports are welcoming food trucks to offer tasty regional cuisine from popular local chefs.
This will come as no surprise to anyone who's gone through a US customs hall lately, but our country's airports are reaching record high wait times that stand to threaten tourism.
The TSA will expand its PreCheck program to 100 airports by the end of this year, which will speed up the security line for pre-screened passengers and loyalty program members with elite statuses.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is taking on a decidedly less cutting-edge project than its terminal revamps. Instead, this one involves cutting grass—with barnyard animals.
At airports around the country, food trucks are showing up in cellphone waiting areas, offering travelers a tasty and welcoming introduction to the region's flavors.
The Chinese government claims the new airport in the sacred Yading mountains will drive prosperity and tourism in the area, but the plans have been met with opposition from other parties.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $119-$139 -- Atlanta 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffHilton Atlanta
- $61 & up -- Palm Springs Resorts up to 50% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $700* & up -- Top Europe Fare Deals on 4-Star Airline, R/TAir France
- $105 -- D.C.: Suite at Georgetown Hotel w/Parking, 50% OffGeorgetown Suites
- $139 -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% OffSonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- $159 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Weekends this SpringWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain