News Stories Tagged airports
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
It was announced last month that, among other things, small knives would no longer be on the TSAs Prohibited Items List. After much controversy, that rule shift has now been "delayed."
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole, as they announce further delays and complications, without setting a new opening date.
The TSA announced this week a change in rules concerning what items can be brought on planes. The new rules allow for small knives, bats, and more.
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club at LAS, and it's just as decadent as you'd expect.
Parking at the airport is a huge pain, and at this point your friends are sick of dropping you off. Cue FlightCar, a new service that rents out your car while you're gone.
Munich airport has got the right idea with their new Napcabs—sleeping pods with WiFi, air-con, flight info, and an alarm clock. Unless you like using your carry-on as a pillow.
Ah, the dreaded layover. Hours of boredom before hours on an airplane. Unless, that is, you can snag a layover at one of these fine airports. There's wine, shopping, driving ranges, yoga rooms, roof decks, and a butterfly garden. Read on.
If there's one word you'd use to describe most airport lounges in the US, it's probably not "luxurious" or "relaxing." Delta is working to change that by announcing two swank rooftop lounges.
Privacy can be hard to come by in an airport. Read on to hear the chatter from the Fodor's Forums about TSA's new privacy standards for security scanners.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com