News Stories Tagged airlines
Booking a free flight with miles gets you bragging rights. Make that a free flight to Hawaii and you've got unbridled joy. Our resident frequent flyer expert breaks down her most hard-won tips.
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. Some findings may surprise you; others certainly won't.
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamliner returns to the skies, starting with Ethiopian Airlines and United.
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades. Household name designers are pairing up with some of the world's largest airlines to revamp the uniforms you see at 30,000 feet.
Keep your eyes on the sky—Boeing's 787 Dreamliner is set to fly once again fairly soon now that changes approved by the FAA have been implemented.
Airline passengers have already begun feeling the effects of budget sequestration in the US today, with thousands of flight delays daily caused by reduced air traffic control staffing.
A Lion Air flight crashed this weekend in Bali, when it came up short of the runway and landed in the water. All passengers survived the incident, and only minimal injuries were reported.
Samoa Air introduced a new fee structure this week that makes passengers pay based on what they (together with their bags) weigh. Will this be a new trend in the industry? Or will it stop there?
Southwest and Airtran are making travel easier for their customers by selling a limited number of destinations with connections on both airlines.
The FAA announced today that 149 control towers will be closed early next month due to sequestration-related budget cuts, with some regional airports on the chopping block.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand