News Stories Tagged airlines
American Airlines' bankruptcy recovery efforts press on, with the announcement this week of four new international routes servicing Seoul, Lima, Dusseldorf, and Dublin.
Two of the world's longest flights—from Singapore to Newark and Los Angeles—will soon be cut, due to increases in fuel costs. The airline says they will still have a focus on travel to the US.
There are some important shake-ups happening in the world of airline alliances—two Middle Eastern carriers, Qatar and Etihad, announced major alliances this week that will mean big changes.
"If [my candidate] loses this election, I'm leaving the country!" Well, JetBlue is letting you put a plane ticket where your mouth is, with free international flights to lucky winners who...lose the election.
In the understatement of the year, American Airlines needs to get it together. They're back in the news after passengers on three flights sat in unattached seas, not to mention only 60% of flights are arriving on time.
Known as T5i, JetBlue's swank, new terminal expansion at JFK will include upgrades like three new gates, easier connections, and (get this) immigration facilities right there.
Everyone has a story about that time a baby cried the whole way to (fill in destination here). So a few airlines in Southeast Asia have created kid-free zones on their planes. Will the trend stick?
Big changes are afoot for Southwest Airlines, which is looking to take passengers to overseas destinations like Puerto Rico and Central America.
Good news from 30,000 feet: major airlines are making strides to improve the quality of their in-flight WiFi. Not only will it be faster, but it will be less expensive and, sometimes, free.
American Airlines's troubles don't seem to be dwindling, with rumblings of a strike, more delayed flights than on-time ones, and the announcement of 11,000 layoff notices sent to employees.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 & up -- Bali & Malaysia 6-Nt. Trip w/Air, Save $520Tourism Malaysia / Sayang Holidays
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family ResortBookIt.com
- $199 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Riverfront Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $1624 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $95 -- 4-Star San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel; Next 2 WeeksHotwire.com
- $2386 & up -- Scotland: 6-Nt. Trip w/5-Star Hotels & AirGreat Value Vacations