News Stories Tagged airlines
Two airlines are looking to fill the void of affordable transatlantic flights to and from the US. Norwegian Airlines and an Icelandic carrier have announced plans to offer low cost carrier-levels of service.
Hawaiian Airlines has announced a new approach to extra legroom in coach with their Extra Comfort product. It comes with more legroom, as well as other perks like priority boarding and more.
Qatar Airways officially became the first Gulf carrier to join one of the major, global airline alliances by joining the oneworld alliance this week.
It's the moment we've all been waiting for: the FAA listened to our pleas and is letting us use electronic devices for the whole flight.
Is there a point at which airline seats are simply too small? For airplane manufacturer Airbus, seat width is now a major focus of their marketing efforts.
The Department of Transportation has fined United Airlines a record $1.1 million for violating the "3-hour rule" related to delays.
JetBlue has just introduced a new "Family Pooling" feature via their TrueBlue rewards program. Now, families can pool their miles into one single account for faster and easier rewards.
JetBlue's new premium Mint service will roll out soon. Think pre-flight beverages, amenities from Birchbox, and a food menu crafted by Saxon + Parole—a promising start.
Annoyed by that "turn off your electronics" announcement on planes? The FAA is reviewing a decision to allow electronics use for the entire flight.
Two new planes took to the skies this week, courtesy of Bombardier and Boeing, each promising a quieter, smoother ride for passengers and cost savings to the airlines.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $299 -- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise w/CreditPriceline Cruises
- $494-$531 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $899 -- Oceanview: Panama Canal & South America CruisesCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $145* & up -- Flights to Portland, Ore., into Spring (R/T)Travel Portland
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $867* & up -- Flights to Argentina from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN