News Stories Tagged airlines
Qatar Airways officially became the first Gulf carrier to join one of the major, global airline alliances by joining the oneworld alliance this week.
It's the moment we've all been waiting for: the FAA listened to our pleas and is letting us use electronic devices for the whole flight.
Is there a point at which airline seats are simply too small? For airplane manufacturer Airbus, seat width is now a major focus of their marketing efforts.
The Department of Transportation has fined United Airlines a record $1.1 million for violating the "3-hour rule" related to delays.
JetBlue has just introduced a new "Family Pooling" feature via their TrueBlue rewards program. Now, families can pool their miles into one single account for faster and easier rewards.
JetBlue's new premium Mint service will roll out soon. Think pre-flight beverages, amenities from Birchbox, and a food menu crafted by Saxon + Parole—a promising start.
Annoyed by that "turn off your electronics" announcement on planes? The FAA is reviewing a decision to allow electronics use for the entire flight.
Two new planes took to the skies this week, courtesy of Bombardier and Boeing, each promising a quieter, smoother ride for passengers and cost savings to the airlines.
Get ready for even faster WiFi at 30,000 feet. Gogo is set to roll out 20x faster connectivity in-flight over the next year.
Where some airlines have gone the kids-free-zone route on their planes, Etihad Airways has announced their new Flying Nannies program, offering on-board Mary Poppins to help with little ones.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $888 & up -- Trips to Hong Kong, China & Macau up to 65% OffChina National Tourism Office
- $119 & up -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $109-$159 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line