News Stories Tagged airlines
Two airlines are looking to fill the void of affordable transatlantic flights to and from the US. Norwegian Airlines and an Icelandic carrier have announced plans to offer low cost carrier-levels of service.
Hawaiian Airlines has announced a new approach to extra legroom in coach with their Extra Comfort product. It comes with more legroom, as well as other perks like priority boarding and more.
Qatar Airways officially became the first Gulf carrier to join one of the major, global airline alliances by joining the oneworld alliance this week.
It's the moment we've all been waiting for: the FAA listened to our pleas and is letting us use electronic devices for the whole flight.
Is there a point at which airline seats are simply too small? For airplane manufacturer Airbus, seat width is now a major focus of their marketing efforts.
The Department of Transportation has fined United Airlines a record $1.1 million for violating the "3-hour rule" related to delays.
JetBlue has just introduced a new "Family Pooling" feature via their TrueBlue rewards program. Now, families can pool their miles into one single account for faster and easier rewards.
JetBlue's new premium Mint service will roll out soon. Think pre-flight beverages, amenities from Birchbox, and a food menu crafted by Saxon + Parole—a promising start.
Annoyed by that "turn off your electronics" announcement on planes? The FAA is reviewing a decision to allow electronics use for the entire flight.
Two new planes took to the skies this week, courtesy of Bombardier and Boeing, each promising a quieter, smoother ride for passengers and cost savings to the airlines.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $739 & up -- Alaska: Weeklong Cruises incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Line
- $161 & up -- 4-Star Westin NYC-Area Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $188-$229 -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $84-$92 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 45%Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown
- $111-$159 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa