News Stories Tagged airlines
Is there a point at which airline seats are simply too small? For airplane manufacturer Airbus, seat width is now a major focus of their marketing efforts.
The Department of Transportation has fined United Airlines a record $1.1 million for violating the "3-hour rule" related to delays.
JetBlue has just introduced a new "Family Pooling" feature via their TrueBlue rewards program. Now, families can pool their miles into one single account for faster and easier rewards.
JetBlue's new premium Mint service will roll out soon. Think pre-flight beverages, amenities from Birchbox, and a food menu crafted by Saxon + Parole—a promising start.
Annoyed by that "turn off your electronics" announcement on planes? The FAA is reviewing a decision to allow electronics use for the entire flight.
Two new planes took to the skies this week, courtesy of Bombardier and Boeing, each promising a quieter, smoother ride for passengers and cost savings to the airlines.
Get ready for even faster WiFi at 30,000 feet. Gogo is set to roll out 20x faster connectivity in-flight over the next year.
Where some airlines have gone the kids-free-zone route on their planes, Etihad Airways has announced their new Flying Nannies program, offering on-board Mary Poppins to help with little ones.
Just when you thought the world's cutest kitty couldn't infiltrate global culture any more, she's now got a whole Los Angeles-bound airplane to herself.
The US Department of Justice is seeking a lawsuit to block the proposed merger of US Airways and American Airlines, citing an anti-trust basis for their opposition.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations