News Stories Tagged airlines
The FAA's grounding of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is having long lasting effects on airlines and the traveling public. United is removing the plane from routes through June at least.
It was announced this morning, to the surprise of no one frankly, that American Airlines and US Airways will be merging to become the world's largest airline.
In a first-of-its-kind move, Delta and Starwood Hotels are teaming up to offer reciprocal benefits for members of both loyalty programs. Think SkyPriority access AND room upgrades.
Okay, we're ready for an Arizona trip now. The 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (the "Boneyard") is home to 5,000 retired military aircraft, just taking a break from flying.
Passengers in Europe were handed a major victory this week. The EU courts ruled against the airlines after passenger care laws were called into question during the 2010 volcano eruption in Iceland.
If there's one word you'd use to describe most airport lounges in the US, it's probably not "luxurious" or "relaxing." Delta is working to change that by announcing two swank rooftop lounges.
In ongoing efforts to recover from bankruptcy, American Airlines recently debuted a new logo and design and have now announced larger regional jets to be added to their fleet.
With the promise of a merger in the air, we began to wonder what other news and trends the friendly skies will see in 2013. Here are our predictions for what to expect at 30,000ft this year.
In the name of research, we spent 15+ grueling hours discovering the inner workings of Emirates first class. It was all champagne, chauffeurs, croissants, and fully flat beds. We did it all for you, dear reader.
Just 14 months after taking flight, Boeing's 787 Dreamliner has been grounded. Following a spate of incidents, some airlines voluntarily stopped operating the planes before the FAA stepped in.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com