News Stories Tagged air travel
Two new planes took to the skies this week, courtesy of Bombardier and Boeing, each promising a quieter, smoother ride for passengers and cost savings to the airlines.
This will come as no surprise to anyone who's gone through a US customs hall lately, but our country's airports are reaching record high wait times that stand to threaten tourism.
Get ready for even faster WiFi at 30,000 feet. Gogo is set to roll out 20x faster connectivity in-flight over the next year.
The TSA will expand its PreCheck program to 100 airports by the end of this year, which will speed up the security line for pre-screened passengers and loyalty program members with elite statuses.
Where some airlines have gone the kids-free-zone route on their planes, Etihad Airways has announced their new Flying Nannies program, offering on-board Mary Poppins to help with little ones.
For what this quiet land lacks on the vacation popularity front, it makes up for in lustrous glacial landscapes. Its rugged natural beauty is also remote—here are 4 ways to reach it.
US Airways launched a new app for passengers this week, letting them book flights, find airport maps, and check-in for existing reservations.
The newest model is the first of many new additions to come to AA in the near future, and is designed with fuel-efficiency and extreme customer comfort in top priority.
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random, exotic location on the spot, assigned by a "departure roulette" board. What would you do?
United Airlines and Marriott announced the RewardsPlus program this week, offering reciprocal rewards to members of both the Marriott Rewards and United's MileagePlus programs.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1289 & up -- 14-Day Cruise to Bermuda, Canada & New EnglandNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1100* & up -- Fly to Chile from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/18: Hawaii 7-Nt. Cruise w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $549 -- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$100 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1008 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $270 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago