News Stories Tagged africa
Whether you’re a safari addict stuck in a rut or a first-timer with a wild side, these 10 safaris will help you find your way off the beaten path.
Many cruise lines offer land tours before or after you set sail, allowing you to spend more time exploring onshore. Start planning your trip with these top picks.
From private helicopters to nighttime game drives through volcanic lands, these top destinations are redefining the African safari. Start planning your trip here.
Shrouded in mystery and history, Ethiopia is an emerging hot spot that's just beginning to unveil its many treasures to international tourists. Look first to the capital, Addis Ababa, where tradition meets modernity.
Unspoiled, undeveloped, and untamed, Mozambique is fast-emerging on the international tourism circuit with its wild beauty and exotic influences.
Boldly emerging on the tourism scene, Ethiopia (aka the "cradle of humanity") proposes a tempting travel landscape where culture, nature, and history converge.
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
You know it for stunning gorilla treks, but if that's all you know of Rwanda, you're missing out. The country's on a major progressive upswing and now's the time to discover its many other treasures. Here, author and local expat Josh Ruxin gives the inside track.
Taking a walk on the wild side doesn't mean your travel wardrobe has to suffer. Here are some ideas to get you packed for your African safari.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fall Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $828* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa