News Stories Tagged africa
Kilimanjaro is the summit of a lifetime—the unparalleled views once you reach the top, the unforgettable terrain, and the accessibility of it all. Pack these key picks for an extra-chic climb.
Peter Beard has been chronicling Africa for nearly 50 years (not to mention photographing models, first ladies, and pop artists in the meantime). Jetsetting between his tented settlement in Kenya and homes in Manhattan and Montauk, he's easily one of our most iconic Tastemakers.
Setting off on safari means prepping for adventure, beauty, and the unexpected. Pick a read that fits your trip, from the history of the African continent to fictional stories of love and intrigue.
Travel journalist-turned-Peace Corps member Isabel Sterne traded NYC for Namibia last year. Hear her take on adjusting to a very different life in the starkly beautiful southern region of this African country.
Want to get in touch with nature, but not necessarily your neighbors? Spot big game by day, and relax in a private resort by night on the African Plains.
He's written some of our favorite series—No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, ahem—set in far corners of the world, making us feel like we were solving mysteries with Mma Ramotswe. We caught up with Alexander McCall Smith himself to chat about Botswana and beyond.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Four Seasons has announced a long-term management deal with the luxe Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti. With upgrades planned for the fall, the name will change to Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $606* & up -- Fly to Peru from Across the US (R/T incl. Tax)LAN
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Spring Fares into June, One WayVirgin America
- $155-$199 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego
- $659 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $3799 -- Vietnam 10-Night Cruise w/Credit, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $449 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Caribbean Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line