News Stories Tagged adventure travel
Queenstown, New Zealand, is more than ready to scare the pants off you. But if you're in the mood for something a little more relaxing, this scenic resort town can deliver there, too.
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring mountains. Here are five reasons to travel to Belize now, before the crowds arrive.
Whether you're looking for a high-adrenaline adventure out on the slopes, the best spots for après-ski, or relaxing spa facilities for post-ski recovery, there's a perfect ski resort out there for you.
The Australian Outback is a symbol of the rugged, remote reaches of the country (and, really, the world). Discovering it takes more than a quick stop at Uluru. Here are nine reasons to stay awhile.
Halloween attractions and events around the country are upping the adrenaline ante with freaky outings that will really make you earn your candy this year. Here are our five favorites for unforgettable thrills and chills.
Canada's Pacific Northwest jewel is ushering in fall with oodles of delights to take in, with activities both indoor and out, and decadent confections. Read on for the five best reasons to go to Vancouver in autumn.
Escape the hustle and bustle with a fall weekend trip to stunning Lake Tahoe. Enjoy relaxing on beaches, hiking in the mountains, eating fantastic local food, and taking in beautiful fall colors.
With world-class scuba sites, incredibly diverse terrain, extensive WWII sites, distinct tribal cultures, and improving tourism systems, Papua New Guinea should be at the top of your travel wish list.
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier. And exploring it by way of Ecuador was beyond thrilling. Adventures and animal-sightings did abound.
Whether you're a semi-pro cyclist or a Spin class devotee, hotels and travel companies are offering packages and experiences with gear heads in mind. Here are 5 choice bike-lover holidays.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $379 & up -- Exotic Canary Islands & Morocco Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $359 & up -- Ireland Coastal Tours & Trips, Save up to $700Ireland
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $1099 & up -- Ireland: 5-Star Villa Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $329 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line