News Stories Tagged adventure travel
Running on holiday really does kill two birds with one stone—you'll stay fit, of course, but you also have the chance to zoom past iconic sights in a unique way. Here are three ways to go.
It should come as no surprise that New Zealand is a playground for the truly adventurous. We're not talking spirited hikes and jet-skiing here, we're talking 200-ft free falls and tandem hand-gliding.
Dream Racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway has long been the first stop for drivers looking for a Ferrari-fueled adrenaline rush. But now the course has street legal cars—and lower prices.
Make the trek to Earth's South Pole and explore the wild, gorgeous wonders of Antarctica via expedition cruise ship. Here's why you should plan for next year...now.
Adventure seekers, foodies, spa-lovers, and nightlife enthusiasts—come one, come all. The Hawaiian islands have something for everyone, particularly if you double up with a little island hopping.
Journalist and author Scott Wallace has been treading where few dare—in the deep depths of the Amazon, in search of a tribe known as the Arrow People. Here, his meditation on what it took, and what came from the adventure.
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering. So why not do it on vacation? These are our top trips for feeling (nearly) invincible.
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Getting outside in Vegas usually means lounging poolside. But for anyone who wants to mix clubbing and gambling with the great outdoors, here are 5 lesser-known outdoor adventures.
Princess Cruises recently launched a series of discounts on their popular Alaskan cruises. The "Denali on Sale" deal, which continues through March 15th, features Alaska tours starting from $799/person for a 10-night trip.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $141 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $169 & up -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 55%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $179-$199 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $1199 -- Balcony: 2015 Alaska Cruises w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet