News Stories Tagged adventure travel
Make the trek to Earth's South Pole and explore the wild, gorgeous wonders of Antarctica via expedition cruise ship. Here's why you should plan for next year...now.
Adventure seekers, foodies, spa-lovers, and nightlife enthusiasts—come one, come all. The Hawaiian islands have something for everyone, particularly if you double up with a little island hopping.
Journalist and author Scott Wallace has been treading where few dare—in the deep depths of the Amazon, in search of a tribe known as the Arrow People. Here, his meditation on what it took, and what came from the adventure.
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering. So why not do it on vacation? These are our top trips for feeling (nearly) invincible.
Dad loves tools. And ties. But you got him those last year. Get him something he'll love doing this year, whether it's an obstacle course, brewery tour, butchery lesson, or secret spa treatment.
Getting outside in Vegas usually means lounging poolside. But for anyone who wants to mix clubbing and gambling with the great outdoors, here are 5 lesser-known outdoor adventures.
Princess Cruises recently launched a series of discounts on their popular Alaskan cruises. The "Denali on Sale" deal, which continues through March 15th, features Alaska tours starting from $799/person for a 10-night trip.
New Zealand editor Stephanie Butler recently spent a day touring Marlborough's wineries by bike, learning that it is an excellent alternative to the ubiquitous winery tour-by-van operations throughout New Zealand, and a great way to save some cash. Still, the idea of wine and bikes had images of scraped knees and broken sunglasses (or worse) dancing through her head.
Here are our favorite gift ideas for the outdoor-oriented traveler in your life, whether they love to birdwatch in Costa Rica or trek in the nearest national park. This is the first in a series of gift guides for every kind of traveler. Stay tuned.
There's no way around one basic fact: French Polynesia is an expensive destination. Take it from us, though, that with the right amount of budget smarts it can be conquered.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1399 -- Ecuador: 7-Nt. Trip w/Amazon Tour & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $779 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star Dreams Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $3999 -- Oceanview Suite: 10-Night Luxury Asia CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $84 & up -- Baltimore Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $499 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Trip, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com