News Stories Tagged adventure travel
The US South has a bit of everything. It is a culinary mecca, has stunning scenery, and boasts charming, historic towns to spare. Here are four itineraries for a summertime trip down to Dixie.
Surrounded by the jagged, snow-dusted Rockies on every side, Canmore is an adventurer's (and a photographer's) dream, where you can indulge in the great outdoors all year round.
Leaving Fido at home? Don't have a Fido, but wish you did? Whatever your status, pairing up with a pet on the road can make for some thrilling adventures, from dog-sledding to swimming with pigs.
The glorious Great Barrier Reef just begs to be explored, and there are many more ways to do so than just scuba. Why not see it from above in a seaplane or submerge yourself in a semi-sub boat?
The United Arab Emirates may be best known for its luxury high rises and deluxe shopping malls, but look closer and you'll find tons of adrenaline-pumping adventures to be had.
Running on holiday really does kill two birds with one stone—you'll stay fit, of course, but you also have the chance to zoom past iconic sights in a unique way. Here are three ways to go.
It should come as no surprise that New Zealand is a playground for the truly adventurous. We're not talking spirited hikes and jet-skiing here, we're talking 200-ft free falls and tandem hand-gliding.
Dream Racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway has long been the first stop for drivers looking for a Ferrari-fueled adrenaline rush. But now the course has street legal cars—and lower prices.
Make the trek to Earth's South Pole and explore the wild, gorgeous wonders of Antarctica via expedition cruise ship. Here's why you should plan for next year...now.
Adventure seekers, foodies, spa-lovers, and nightlife enthusiasts—come one, come all. The Hawaiian islands have something for everyone, particularly if you double up with a little island hopping.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays