News Stories Tagged Weather
Severe weather never translates well for the airline industry and winter this year thus far—rife with extended windows of extreme cold and winter storms—has delivered up a doozy.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
This is not your average beach day. This time, you're hitting the sand in inclement weather on purpose. Storm watching in Tofino, BC, is a spectacular show on a wind-swept stage.
We interrupt our regular wanderlusty programming to bring you our top tips on how to pack the perfect Go Bag. In light of the East Coast's recent severe weather, its time to fill yours up now.
The hotel situation in New York City is a tricky one right now, with many properties hosting displaced families as well as incoming Marathoners. Here's an update on hotels in NYC post-Sandy.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
As Hurricane Sandy continues to bear down on the Mid-Atlantic coastline, flights are being cancelled by the thousands, regional airports are closed, and more delays are anticipated.
Here are some basics tips to make sure your beach trips, especially to the Caribbean and Mexico, go smoothly through November.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Washington State
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Puerto Vallarta Resort, Save 35%The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta
- $51 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Save 35%Landmark Resort
- $119-$139 -- Atlanta 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffHilton Atlanta
- $159 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Weekends this SpringWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $159 -- Philadelphia: Old City Hotel thru Summer, Save 35%Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- $143 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis