News Stories Tagged Washington DC
From Fourth of July and can't-miss exhibits to swank new hotels and fantastic outdoor food fests, DC is the place to be this summer.
Psst...want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you right here. Chef Kyle Bailey divulges his favorites from morning coffee to late night bites.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
With a swanky new rooftop bar and plush Bvlgari in-room amenities, Georgetown's latest hotel, The Graham Hotel, isn't messing around.
Capella Hotels and Resorts will swing the doors open to their first US property this weekend in D.C. Helmed by one of the co-founders of Ritz Carlton Hotels, it is posh from top to bottom.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. An expensive one. Luckily, five US museums are putting treasures on display—many of which have never before seen our shores.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers