News Stories Tagged Washington DC
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall, the parade of foliage colors here wows visitors and residents alike.
Washington DC has proven lately that its got much more to offer than just the buzz of politics. With a thriving food scene and endless charming 'hoods, we packed your bags for a weekend in the capital.
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. From festivals and exhibits to new restaurants and hotels, here's to fun in the sun in 2013.
From Fourth of July and can't-miss exhibits to swank new hotels and fantastic outdoor food fests, DC is the place to be this summer.
Psst...want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you right here. Chef Kyle Bailey divulges his favorites from morning coffee to late night bites.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
With a swanky new rooftop bar and plush Bvlgari in-room amenities, Georgetown's latest hotel, The Graham Hotel, isn't messing around.
Capella Hotels and Resorts will swing the doors open to their first US property this weekend in D.C. Helmed by one of the co-founders of Ritz Carlton Hotels, it is posh from top to bottom.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways