News Stories Tagged Washington DC
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy for staving off winter boredom. Here are six of the holiday weekend's very best hotel deals.
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington, D.C., in 2014.
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall, the parade of foliage colors here wows visitors and residents alike.
Washington DC has proven lately that its got much more to offer than just the buzz of politics. With a thriving food scene and endless charming 'hoods, we packed your bags for a weekend in the capital.
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. From festivals and exhibits to new restaurants and hotels, here's to fun in the sun in 2013.
From Fourth of July and can't-miss exhibits to swank new hotels and fantastic outdoor food fests, DC is the place to be this summer.
Psst...want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you right here. Chef Kyle Bailey divulges his favorites from morning coffee to late night bites.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
With a swanky new rooftop bar and plush Bvlgari in-room amenities, Georgetown's latest hotel, The Graham Hotel, isn't messing around.
Capella Hotels and Resorts will swing the doors open to their first US property this weekend in D.C. Helmed by one of the co-founders of Ritz Carlton Hotels, it is posh from top to bottom.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture. From the shadowy worlds of espionage to 80s underground culture, don't miss these exhibits.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. An expensive one. Luckily, five US museums are putting treasures on display—many of which have never before seen our shores.
Presidents know how to do a lot of things—passing policies, giving speeches, eating well in DC. Follow their lead (on the food front anyway) at these choice DC eateries.
In the days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Mid-Atlantic coast, travel infrastructures have been slowly but surely gaining ground on recovery. Here's an update on air and rail.
All eyes are on Washington DC right now (you know, the election). But while we're registered and ready to vote, we're fixated on another side of DC—its thriving food scene.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
When you think of DC, images of endless monuments and museums come to mind. But lately, fantastic restaurants are popping up in the capital that are worth a visit all their own.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $11.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1958 & up -- Sydney & Cairns 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $219 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square