News Stories Tagged Walt Disney World
Get the most out of your next trip to Walt Disney World (and skip the lines) by hiring an official VIP guide.
When should you go? How bad are the lines? Where are the best hotels? Our primer covers everything you need to know to make your Walt Disney World vacation perfect.
So you're Disney-bound. There's so much more to know than just the rides! This month, our resident Disney expert covers annual parties, animal tours, and recent disability policy changes.
Our resident Disney expert is back with the answers to three more burning Mouse-related questions. This time she tackles the best dining plans, secret nap spots, and how to take a day off from Disney.
You're all ready to go to Disney—the fights are booked, the kids are packed. But you still have questions. Our resident Disney expert is on the case, with questions on PhotoPass and special needs.
Whether you're wondering where to get a gourmet meal in the park or are worried about your nervous kid on rides like the Haunted Mansion, our resident expert is on hand to give her top tips.
Whether you're worried about traveling with little ones and grandparents or are having trouble choosing the perfect water park—our expert is on hand to give top tips.
It's a big park and there are lots of ways you can mess up your big Disney vacation. But never fear, our resident Disney expert is here to answer your toughest questions.
Once you've booked the hotel, chosen top priority rides, and dreamed about dining with Mickey, it's time to...pack. What do you pack when heading to the happiest place on earth? Here's your answer.
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you? Stay on top of travel trends with our recommendations for top US destinations this year.
What could be better than spending the most magical time of year at the happiest place on Earth? Disney parks host a spectacular holiday season with light shows, parties, tours, and tons of merriment.
Wine pairings and Mickey Mouse ears rarely go hand in hand (on purpose, anyway). But there's a serious stash of wine on offer at Disney World, complete with multi-course dinners and wine flights.
Dollars can start to feel like Monopoly money when planning a Walt Disney World vacation for the family. So we put together our key picks for where to save, and what's worth splurging on.
Everyone knows about the popular rides—they've got the longest lines. But these 8 attractions are the hidden gems of Disney World. And with no lines, they'll bring smiles to faces even faster.
Most first time visitors to the Walt Disney World theme parks assume they'll have to stand in line for hours to meet Mickey. Here are seven great, unexpected, places to meet your favorite characters—in Orlando and beyond.
At Disney, your little princesses can eat, sleep, and dress up just as princesses should. They can also hobnob with Cinderella, Belle, and other Disney royals.
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I of Bavaria) married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The royal festivities that followed became an annual tradition: the Munich festival now known the world over as Oktoberfest. Even if you're not Munich-bound for the festivities, you can don a dirndl or lederhosen and grab a bier at these local events instead.
Need to escape Walt Disney World, Universal, or SeaWorld? Head to one of Orlando's resort spas, all of which are indulgent enough to please any theme-park-weary parent, aching golfer, parched sunbather, or Disney—regardless of budget.
Make dining reservations before you leave home, especially for character dining experiences.If you don't, you might find yourself eating a hamburger (again) or leaving Walt Disney World for dinner.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $69 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into Fall, O/WVirgin America