News Stories Tagged Wales
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making for fun, romantic, and unique treetop retreats that let everyone feel like a kid again.
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back home. Trek the mountainous terrain and enjoy cool sea breezes in these style picks.
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday. Instead of missing the Crawleys, why not travel like one?
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom foraging and 'Great Little Trains' to a village of castles, coasteering, and tons of Joneses
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the future of Connecticut tourism—it's been a busy morning.
European sightseeing doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. In fact, sometimes it doesn't have to cost anything at all – even in popular urban centers. Here's a quick sampling of continental attractions and activities that are, quite literally, priceless.
Just in time for summer travel planning, we're pleased to announce the launch of To Europe!, a new section of Fodors.com comprised of over 60 European itineraries covering 25 countries and countless destinations.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1237 & up -- 6-Nt Tokyo & Beijing Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com