News Stories Tagged Voluntourism
Crystal Cruises is expanding its program aimed at connecting its guests with the residents of its port communities.
Traveling for work sounds glamorous but in reality is just airport delays and cold breakfast buffets. Not these jobs—they are dream jobs where travel (the good kind) is a main component.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to really see, and connect with, the world. So we rounded up a few choice trips to get you started.
Sabbaticals offer some lucky workers opportunities for extended travel, but that’s not the only option for those in the workforce craving more time away than a simple week’s vacation allows for. A career break can also come in the form of a leave of absence or simply time between jobs. Think of it like a gap year—breaks from studying, long popular in Europe—for grown-ups. Read on for our career break 101 tutorial to help you make those long-term travel dreams a reality.
Combining travel and volunteering, voluntourism is a popular trend, whether it's helping the environment or local community. Here's what to expect and where to find the right program for you to give back while you travel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $400 Off -- Fly to Australia on 'World's Best Airline' (R/T)Cathay Pacific
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1395 -- Tahiti 4-Star Beachfront Escape w/Air, Save $560Islands in the Sun
- $1999 -- Escorted China & Hong Kong 11-Nt. Escape w/AirHong Kong Tourism Board
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort