News Stories Tagged Vacation Tips
For when the kids get bored of building sandcastles while the parents hang out at the tiki bar, here are nine activities and destinations guaranteed to entertain the youngsters and the young-at-hearts alike.
Craving an escape from your multitasking, tech-filled days? We recommend a farm stay, where the tactile pleasures of feeding animals, picking blackberries, and wading in a stream can be more restorative than a day at the spa. These 7 properties give you a taste of the simple life—if only for a week.
Vacation rentals are hot right now. And while they've been big for a while in Europe, they're gaining ground in the US. So we compiled some expert tips to make sure you rent right for your next trip.
What's the first thing you (should) do when the kids go back to school? Look at their vacation schedules and get to planning. Take our expert tips on how to plan for a year of great family getaways.
We don't know about you, but we tend to get fewer chocolates left on our pillows at home. We also have to turn down our own beds. Here's how to artfully come home from holiday. (Hint: Don't.)
One of the hardest decisions when planning a Disney vacation is deciding when to go. So we put together a cheat sheet for when to visit—and when to avoid— Disney Parks worldwide.
The prospect of traveling with children can indeed seem daunting, sometimes so much so that the very idea of it keeps families from leaving home altogether. Rest assured, there's hope out there yet for your next kids-inclusive vacation, thanks to these 10 family-friendly hotels that offer plenty of fun for the kiddies, without skimping on the amenities for adults.
The home exchange concept isn't new, but its popularity is rising, thanks to the difficult economy and the proliferation of online sites that connect potential travelers. Follow our five steps to ensure every home exchange is a resounding success.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $982 & up -- 5-Nt. Belize Jungle, Reefs & Beach w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Cruise to Key West & Cozumel, $240 offRoyal Caribbean