News Stories Tagged Tuscany
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. They were wrong. This food-and-wine-filled Tuscan itinerary has more hand-made pasta than tourists.
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's Extra Virgin, dish up their top Tuscany travel tips.
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spent wine tasting and dining under the stars. Pack these smart, stylish looks and you'll be living la dolce vita.
She showed us her thorough packing list, and now our European Correspondent Pepita Diamand is back to tell us how she fared, fashion-wise, on her Paris-to-Tuscany road trip.
Who doesn't dream of hitting the Italian countryside with effortlessly chic clothes and a reservation at Villa D'Este? Well, you're in luck, because we've got the perfect itinerary and a packing list to match.
What's better than waking up to the sweet melodies of Tuscan songbirds in your 10th century castle suite? Doing it for free, of course, with Castello di Casole's Stay-4-Pay-3 Package.
Two Italian resorts are partnering up to offer one outstanding offer now through October 20. Spend two nights at Rome's lavish Hotel Hassler followed by two nights at Tuscany's dreamy Il Pellicano for less.
Here, Frances Mayes shares her top Tuscany travel recommendations, from must-visit restaurants and charming hotels to local markets and trip-worthy festivals.
Cycling enthusiasts can look to bike-maker Cannondale's newly launched bike tours for their next bike-themed vacation. The tours follow the routes of legendary pro tours in America and Europe, but combine physical exertion with plenty of sightseeing and pampered recovery time factored in.
Emerge from the long winter with a wellness-inspired pick-me-up—set out for a rejuvenating getaway with one of these 10 best spa trips around the globe. From mountain escapes in the forests of New Hampshire and New York to traditional Thai massages in exotic Bangkok to a Great Barrier Reef-neighboring oasis Down Under (and beyond), our list of top spa trips offers a variety of tempting destinations wide and far that are primed for some well-deserved R & R.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- American Airlines Introduces New Transcontinental Fleet
- Mexico City's Coolest New Museums
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1370* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $593-$625* -- Fly to Martinique from NYC (R/T incl. Tax)Martinique Promotion Bureau
- $124 -- Kauai: Beachfront Plantation-Style Resort, 20% OffAston Islander on the Beach
- $985 & up -- Riviera Maya 4-Star Trip w/Air + $500 CreditLiberty Travel
- $206 -- Maui Resort on Kaanapali Beach, Save $133Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach