News Stories Tagged Turkey
You really do have to see Cappadocia to believe it. Smack in Turkey's Central Anatolia region, it is filled with gorgeous rocks, hills, and valleys that offer both ample adventure and utter relaxation.
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city that straddles two continents. Visit the Blue Mosque, dine like royalty, and watch the whirling dirvishes.
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides in Cappadoccia, and historic adventures on the coasts. Plan your perfect trip with these essentials.
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic. Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul.
Smack in Istanbul's cultural center—Taksim—sits a plush new hotel with an authentic Turkish spa, artfully designed public spaces, and two swank restaurants. Welcome to Marti.
Welcome to Argos in Cappadocia—a hotel the likes of which you've never seen. (If you've stayed in a cave hotel before, disregard.) It is plush-meets-caveman with unparalleled views and a well-stocked wine cellar.
Straddling Asia and Europe, Istanbul is a diverse, culturally rich city by day with a fabulous food and nightlife scene when the sun goes down. Here's what to pack for a stylish jaunt to the city on the Bosporus.
It was announced yesterday that the UNESCO World Heritage List added an 11th site in Turkey, called Catalhoyuk. Located in Konya, it's rife with early human artifacts like sculptures and wall paintings.
High on everyone's to-go list, Istanbul is full of bold flavors to entice any food-lover. These five must-try dishes are the perfect start to discovering this mouthwatering, diverse food scene.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2385 & up -- Italy: 5-Night Rome Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $1255 & up -- Paris & Amsterdam 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & TrainsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1437 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6-Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean