News Stories Tagged Turkey
You really do have to see Cappadocia to believe it. Smack in Turkey's Central Anatolia region, it is filled with gorgeous rocks, hills, and valleys that offer both ample adventure and utter relaxation.
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city that straddles two continents. Visit the Blue Mosque, dine like royalty, and watch the whirling dirvishes.
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides in Cappadoccia, and historic adventures on the coasts. Plan your perfect trip with these essentials.
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic. Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul.
Smack in Istanbul's cultural center—Taksim—sits a plush new hotel with an authentic Turkish spa, artfully designed public spaces, and two swank restaurants. Welcome to Marti.
Welcome to Argos in Cappadocia—a hotel the likes of which you've never seen. (If you've stayed in a cave hotel before, disregard.) It is plush-meets-caveman with unparalleled views and a well-stocked wine cellar.
Straddling Asia and Europe, Istanbul is a diverse, culturally rich city by day with a fabulous food and nightlife scene when the sun goes down. Here's what to pack for a stylish jaunt to the city on the Bosporus.
It was announced yesterday that the UNESCO World Heritage List added an 11th site in Turkey, called Catalhoyuk. Located in Konya, it's rife with early human artifacts like sculptures and wall paintings.
High on everyone's to-go list, Istanbul is full of bold flavors to entice any food-lover. These five must-try dishes are the perfect start to discovering this mouthwatering, diverse food scene.
Admittedly, Europe's "Big 3" are hard to beat. But if you're looking for new experiences, our Europe-trotting Fodorites recommend where to go after you've been to Paris, London, and Rome.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays