News Stories Tagged Tube
Purchase an electronic Oyster card at a Tube station for £3, charge it with a cash value, and use it on the Tube or on buses around the city. You reload it with money as needed. Another option is a Travelcard, sold for a specific number of days (even one day) of travel and good for buses and for specific zones in the Tube system.
While London's Olympic games are over a year away, now is the time to plan your trip—the first round of ticket sales ends Friday, April 22. Here's what you need to know about scoring a seat, booking your flight, and choosing the right hotel base for the big event.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2899 -- Australia 12-Night, 3-City Vacation w/Air & ToursGoway Travel
- $3115 & up -- Bora Bora Upscale 5-Nt. Retreat incl. AirTahiti.com
- $2343* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $95 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan Hotel, Save 15%Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino
- $69.50 & up -- Nicaragua Hotel & Vacation Deals, Save 70%Nicaragua Tourism Board