News Stories Tagged Tube
Purchase an electronic Oyster card at a Tube station for £3, charge it with a cash value, and use it on the Tube or on buses around the city. You reload it with money as needed. Another option is a Travelcard, sold for a specific number of days (even one day) of travel and good for buses and for specific zones in the Tube system.
While London's Olympic games are over a year away, now is the time to plan your trip—the first round of ticket sales ends Friday, April 22. Here's what you need to know about scoring a seat, booking your flight, and choosing the right hotel base for the big event.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $899 & up -- Ends 10/24: Hawaii Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand