News Stories Tagged Trends
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's first Instagram-themed hotel.
Despite some recent developments, most airport food is for the birds. So luxe hotels across the country have kick-started a new trend of offering gourmet meals to go for airport-bound guests.
Hotels are offering more than a handful of old treadmills in their gyms these days. From in-room workouts in NYC and London to marathon challenges in the Caribbean, these trends are taking off.
Could this be the next big thing in the world of celebrity chef empires? We've noticed a handful of chef-owned hotels opening up from Vegas to Tuscany. A coincidence? Or a forecast of things to come?
Love 'em? Hate 'em? Cruise lines are loosening their grip on the classic dinners with formal dress codes. What's your take?
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
These hotels have a problem with commitment. But no matter where they set up camp, pop-up hotels are sure to offer a high-end, adventurous experience for nomadic travelers.
Ever feel like falling asleep with one view and waking up with another? A chic new hotel in a historic Portuguese city just outside of Porto has got your back, with their slowly revolving rooms.
London is coming around to a trend that we're already enjoying stateside: the gourmet diner. From high-end burgers to a chic chicken shop, it seems like good food at good prices is the latest trend.
From the Titanic to images of a crumbling Detroit to the Costa Concordia, tourists are fascinated by fatal wrecks and destruction. But we're lining up and buying tickets sooner than ever before.
Though it once meant ditching daily luxuries, camping now invites them into the great outdoors. We're not just talking about glamping; we're talking about modular glamping. Welcome to the new guard.
Who doesn't love a bar cart? The classic four-wheeled shelf covered with various indulgences (sweets, cheeses, booze) is making a comeback in hotels and restaurants across the country.
Treats have long been a mainstay by hotel and resort pools, but lately they've gotten an upgrade. These days, asking for boozy sno-cones and pedicures poolside does not make you a diva.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $169 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 30% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $119-$169 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $89 -- FL: Daytona Beach Oceanfront Hotel w/Upgrade, 40% OffPlaza Beach Resort & Spa
- $115 & up -- Aruba Hotel & Resort Deals up to 45% OffAruba Tourism Authority
- $2545 & up -- Bora Bora 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $600Pleasant Holidays