News Stories Tagged Train Travel
We've got your whole stylish trip planned, from getting there, to packing, to where to stay. Check out our favorite articles from this past week.
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese airlines and travel the country in style. Here's the good, bad, and most helpful tips.
The British government announced plans this week for a high speed train to connect London to northern England. Don't hold your breath, though, construction doesn't start for a few years at least.
Itching for that one last pre-winter getaway? Whip out those loyalty cards and frequent traveler programs, because with "shoulder season" upon us, the deals abound.
Italy's state-run train system makes it easy to criss-cross the country. But there's a slick, new, privately-owned, high-speed train in town now and it seems to be changing the game.
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
As of this week that Amtrak is shifting to e-tickets, allowing passengers to scan tickets digitally from smartphones. No more waiting in line, or having that paper ticket punched by the conductor.
There are endless reasons to make the trip across the pond this summer, but with Olympics crowds, financial woes, and airport delays, we rounded up some essential tips to take with you.
Seeing the Canadian Rockies by plane or car won't do it justice. But by train (luxury train at that), they can be seen in all their glory through glass domed coaches, with a glass of red in hand.
A rail pass does not guarantee you a seat on the train you wish to ride. You need to book seats ahead even if you have a pass.
Whether it's a loop ride on a steam train or a practical means for getting from Amsterdam to Brussels, Europe is full of train routes with amazing scenery. Thanks to the amazing Fodor's community, we've compiled some great train trips by country.
You can buy passes in many major European train stations, but prices are typically 20% higher than if you buy in advance online, and not all types of passes are available.
While London's Olympic games are over a year away, now is the time to plan your trip—the first round of ticket sales ends Friday, April 22. Here's what you need to know about scoring a seat, booking your flight, and choosing the right hotel base for the big event.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- $109 -- Tampa Bay Suite at Waterfront Resort, 30% OffThe Resort & Club at Little Harbor
- $77 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Spa Passes, Save 45%Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
- $209 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $849 -- 7-Night Summer Mediterranean Cruise on CelebrityCruiseDeals
- $259 -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. CreditCruises.com
- $135 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis