News Stories Tagged Top Chef Travels
Christina Tosi, the star pastry chef at New York’s renowned Momofuku restaurants and Momofuku Milk Bar bakeries, rarely has a day off. But when she does, the Brooklyn resident—and first-time author of a new cookbook, Milk—makes it count. Here she describes her ideal day in New York City.
Where does this chef-owner of some of Manhattan's most popular restaurants like to eat on his days off? That's what we wanted to know. Here, Chang shares his top restaurant picks (and dishes) in the city right now.
Talk to any Vancouver resident, and he or she will tell you that no visit to the western Canadian city is complete without dining at Vij's. The upscale Indian eatery is the brainchild of Vikram Vij, an Indian born chef who grew up honing his passion for cooking at fine dining restaurants in Austria and Canada.
Although Wolfgang Puck's ever-expanding empire has taken him all over world, he recently sat down with Fodor's to discuss the Italian island of Capri, a destination that has special personal significance to him, as it is the place where he married Gelila Assefa in 2007. Puck reveals what he loves most about this island getaway, and lets us in on his favorite places to eat and stay when visiting.
New Orleans chef Donald Link talks with Fodor's about some of his favorite local spots in the Big Easy, the city where he spends his days and nights. He reveals where to go for the tastiest crawfish, the sloppiest po' boy sandwich, and of course, where to drink (other than on Bourbon Street).
As owner of acclaimed restaurants across the country—including the award-winning Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca, in New York City, and his latest venture, Carnevino Italian Steakhouse, in Las Vegas—Mario Batali has dedicated his career to perfecting and promoting the cuisine of his ancestors. Fodor's recently spoke with Batali about Bologna, his favorite Italian city, which he visits approximately two to three times a year. Here are a few of the things he loves about this top culinary destination, including the best places to eat, stay, and eat some more. Fodor's: Bologna is known for all types of great food. Do you have a favorite place to shop for cured meats? Mario Batali: Yes, Tamburini– without a doubt, the best deli in the city. It's a giant place filled with all kinds of cured meats, and they also have a beautiful cheese counter. I try to taste something called culatello, which is kind of the heart of the prosciutto. It's made in Zibello, which is right near there and
It would be an understatement to call Alice Waters influential; more apt would be food revolutionary, or America's premier culinary icon. Indeed, no one has moved more earth in America's locally grown, organic food movement than the 63-year-old chef, author, and restaurateur. In 1971, decades before the local food movement took hold, she opened the now-legendary Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse, serving exclusively organic and seasonal cuisine. As part of her Chez Panisse Foundation, Waters has focused in recent years on initiatives such as The Edible Schoolyard, a non-profit program teaching students about organic and seasonal gardening. Waters recently talked with Fodor's about her favorite places near her home in the Bay Area, where she spends most of her time. She reveals the area's best shops, what she does on a day off, and -- as one might expect -- her favorite farmers' markets. Fodor's: Tell us about Chez Panisse. What can people expect when dining there? AW: It's a house that was
"Kitchen Confidential" author Anthony Bourdain talks about the pleasures of eating and living in New York City...
The Boston-based chef talks about life in Beantown, where to buy the best clothing, and more...
The Food Network celeb talks about the pleasures of living in Santa Barbara...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1299 -- Maui: 5-Nt. Vacation in Resort Condo w/AirApple Vacations
- $89* -- Portland to Reno this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $59* -- Mammoth to San Diego this Spring, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $579 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $89 & up -- Atlanta Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago