News Stories Tagged Theme Parks
It's already clear that this is going to be a record-breaking year, with new attractions that push the limits of speed, height, and imagination.
When should you go? How bad are the lines? Where are the best hotels? Our primer covers everything you need to know to make your Walt Disney World vacation perfect.
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation than those trying to catch up once they arrive in Orlando—to help you along, here's a little MyMagic+ 101.
Put on your ruby red slippers, we're off to see the Wizard. Visit Beech Mountain, North Carolina to walk the Yellow Brick Road and see the abandoned Land of Oz theme park!
Touring Disney takes a lot of planning and preparation. Multiply that by, well, a lot, if you happen to be pregnant. Our writer provides her own time-tested tips for hitting the park while pregnant.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Author Carol Rifka Brunt is a born-and-bred New Yorker, so she knows where to go to get away from it all while still in the city. She told us some of her favorite escapist spots all served by the subway.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
You can charge anything you buy at Disneyland or Disneyland California Adventure, such as food and souvenirs, to your room, so you don't have to carry around a lot of cash.
We’ve compiled our best tips from our experts and Facebook fans to help you avoid meltdowns and keep the whole family happy.
Last Friday, the Islands of Adventure theme park at Universal Orlando fulfilled the fantasy of Harry Potter devotees when it unveiled the biggest addition since the arrival of Disney's Animal Kingdom in 1998. The highly publicized premiere revealed that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter recycles some attractions while seamlessly introducing movie-magic-perfect re-creations of mythical locales such as Hogsmeade Village.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $134 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Hotel into Summer, 40% OffSheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers