News Stories Tagged Theme Parks
It's already clear that this is going to be a record-breaking year, with new attractions that push the limits of speed, height, and imagination.
When should you go? How bad are the lines? Where are the best hotels? Our primer covers everything you need to know to make your Walt Disney World vacation perfect.
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation than those trying to catch up once they arrive in Orlando—to help you along, here's a little MyMagic+ 101.
Put on your ruby red slippers, we're off to see the Wizard. Visit Beech Mountain, North Carolina to walk the Yellow Brick Road and see the abandoned Land of Oz theme park!
Touring Disney takes a lot of planning and preparation. Multiply that by, well, a lot, if you happen to be pregnant. Our writer provides her own time-tested tips for hitting the park while pregnant.
Water bottle, hat, and comfy flats are necessities when it comes to surviving a day at the theme park. But what about actually enjoying that day? That's where these gadgets come into play.
Author Carol Rifka Brunt is a born-and-bred New Yorker, so she knows where to go to get away from it all while still in the city. She told us some of her favorite escapist spots all served by the subway.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
You can charge anything you buy at Disneyland or Disneyland California Adventure, such as food and souvenirs, to your room, so you don't have to carry around a lot of cash.
We’ve compiled our best tips from our experts and Facebook fans to help you avoid meltdowns and keep the whole family happy.
Last Friday, the Islands of Adventure theme park at Universal Orlando fulfilled the fantasy of Harry Potter devotees when it unveiled the biggest addition since the arrival of Disney's Animal Kingdom in 1998. The highly publicized premiere revealed that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter recycles some attractions while seamlessly introducing movie-magic-perfect re-creations of mythical locales such as Hogsmeade Village.
First-time visitors to Disney World often make the mistake of thinking it's all about the rides. But parents constantly write to me about something else: how absolutely blown away their kids were at the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the Disney characters. Here's how to maximize your character experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $229 & up -- Ends 12/2: Cruise Sale w/Up to $250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $895 -- Norway: Northern Lights Winter Expedition, $800 OffHurtigruten
- $265 & up -- 4-Star Cancun Resort w/$50 Credit, Save 20%The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas, Cancun
- $98 & up -- Downtown Denver 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffSheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona