News Stories Tagged Technology
On vacation, your first inclination may be to unplug. But some tech accessories can make your travels even more enjoyable.
For seasoned and novice travelers alike, these 10 apps will make your next trip a breeze.
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. For those of us who haven't caught on to the craze just yet, here's a quick-and-easy geocaching guide.
Over the next three years, updates will be rolling out across Delta's domestic narrow-body fleet as part of the carrier's efforts to improve passenger comfort and provide a more consistent product onboard.
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's first Instagram-themed hotel.
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation than those trying to catch up once they arrive in Orlando—to help you along, here's a little MyMagic+ 101.
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity. The carrier officially launched their Fly-Fi in-flight connectivity solution this week on select aircraft.
We travel a lot here at Fodor's. Like a lot. So it's only natural that we'd pick up some tricks along the way. From reusing dryer sheets and getting clever with shower caps to the bags and shoes we'd never travel without, these are our all-time favorite travel tips and wares.
From iPad check-ins and remote control of your rooms lighting and temperature to an interactive app from your resort, hotels are jumping on the tech-savvy bandwagon. Here are our favorite innovations.
With proactive early-alerts, Traxo and their new partner KnowDelay are aiming to provide travelers with weather updates that will predict if a flight will be delayed or even canceled days in advance.
Security researcher and private pilot Hugo Teso has claimed to have the ability to override a commercial aircraft's controls using a mobile phone. The FAA disputes his claims.
We're sorry to report you won't be one of the 40,000 "new followers" getting a free flight, guys. Fake airline Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts are popping up again offering free flights.
Listen up, amateur gumshoes. There's a new way to uncover the hidden city: HiddenCity, an app that works as part city tour, part scavenger hunt. For now, the cities are all in England.
We may not be professional cartographers, but we're loving this app that lets us plot our favorite points (restaurants, sights, etc) on a map, share maps with friends, and find maps of new cities from others.
Like most, we took one look at Google Glass and thought...really? But then we saw this video and everything changed. Now we're saving our pennies to get in on the action.
There is an art to armchair traveling, and Google Maps has mastered it. From their newly released Grand Canyon Street View to the Colosseum, here's where they're taking you (and your computer) now.
We will never tire of getting tips from industry insiders. Particularly if those tips are 'where to eat' and the insiders are amazing chefs. That's why we fell for Find.Eat.Drink's new iPhone app.
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
We love a well-curated guide as much as the next guy (duh), but sometimes it's better to have your most important bits front and center. This geek-out-worthy app lets you do just that.
With Disney's new MyMagic+ trip planning system, guests will be able to ride-hop, snag FastPasses, and charge merchandise—all without pulling out their wallets.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things Not to Do at Walt Disney World
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- 6 Reasons to Visit Hamburg Now
- 5 Reasons to Visit Asheville This Fall
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $299 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $182* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $335 -- Colombia: 4-Star Bogota Hotel using MasterCardSheraton Bogota Hotel
- $183 & up -- Colorado: Beaver Creek 4-Star Suite, $120 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $850* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $2199 -- London: Downton Abbey Christmas Ball w/Air & HotelFriendly Planet Travel