News Stories Tagged Tanzania
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
Kilimanjaro is the summit of a lifetime—the unparalleled views once you reach the top, the unforgettable terrain, and the accessibility of it all. Pack these key picks for an extra-chic climb.
With a sundowner tent, plunge pool, fair trade coffee in the morning, and fresh and gourmet cuisine, you'll be swimming in luxe creature comforts at Singita's newest safari camp in Tanzania.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Safaris are endlessly romantic—searching for beautiful animals, bumbling around in an uncovered Jeep, relaxing with nightly sundowners. Pack smart, and chic, for your African adventure.
Four Seasons has announced a long-term management deal with the luxe Bilila Lodge in the Serengeti. With upgrades planned for the fall, the name will change to Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti.
Berlin's new airport gets fresh delays, Delta discovers a greedy computer glitch, and Steve Wynn finds himself a swank apartment with Central Park views. Here's what we're reading this morning.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
If you’re keen on tacking on some R&R after your oh-so-stressful Safari, consider Zanzibar. The "zan" in Tanzania is just an hour-and-a-half ferry ride from the mainland in the Indian Ocean. It’s the perfect tropical spot to kick back and relax.
East Africans, as a rule, are a reserved and religious people. Wearing revealing clothing is considered very disrespectful.
Are you dreaming of an Out of Africa experience or capturing the Big Five—buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, and rhino—on film? Every day of an African safari is truly unforgettable, from early-morning game drives to amazing stargazing. To inspire your own adventure, here are our top regions to explore.
Call about flights to and from East Africa at least 72 hours before departure. Reconfirm your internal flights at least 48 hours before departure.
So you want an adventure, but you'd rather not take out a new life insurance policy. Never fear! From kayaking Puerto Rico's bioluminescent lake to exploring Angkor Wat, here are our favorite adventure trips for 2010.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $895* & up -- Europe Fares on Sale from 5 U.S. Cities, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $850* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $79 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Featured Destination: Virginia
- $153 & up -- Vancouver 4-Star Hotel w/$1 ParkingThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $79 & up -- New Hampshire Hotel Deals, up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $199 -- 5-Star Downtown Miami Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffViceroy Miami Hotel & Spa