News Stories Tagged Spring Travel
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
Spring is around the corner, we just know it! And what could be better than jet-setting to see spring in all its colorful glory? Here are the nine most fabulous spring flower fests to check out this year.
Discover Conrad hotels worldwide with their special spring offer of discounted rates with advanced bookings.
Thin crowds and great deals make early spring a great time to visit California Wine Country, not to mention all of the great new establishments cropping up. Read on for the eight most exciting venues and activities to debut this season, so you can get out to experience them first—before the fall harvest-season crowds pour in.
It’s not too late to bunny-hop out of town for Easter weekend. We’ve rounded up some winning holiday packages, both on the home front and abroad, that will appeal to you and your kids alike for an Easter-inspired spring fling.
Make the most of spring and get away to enjoy the season’s best fêtes and festivals. Herewith three not-to-miss spring celebrations, along with a few hotel deals to help you on your way.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
If this premature spring flush already has you dreaming of weekends in the country, we've got good news for you: Early-season savings on hotel stays make it a cinch to get out of town this spring (and if the weather continues on its steady incline, you may experience prime beach weather as soon as April!). Check out these spring discounts in easy-access destinations for Northeasterners: Nantucket, Long Island wine country, and Atlantic City.
Spring has just about sprung, so we've rounded up a preview of the season's freshest happenings in five of the world's most popular cities. From San Francisco's funky festivals to Paris's cutting-edge art expos, these main events are sure to put some spring in your step. In addition to outlining a smorgasbord of special spring events, each city-specific mini-itinerary below gives you the scoop on where to sleep and eat, for a spring fling to make the birds sing.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays