News Stories Tagged Sicily
Fresh seafood, stunning churches, and sun-swept, seaside charm greet visitors who make the trek to the Sicilian capital.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
An hour's flight from Rome, Sicily is the perfect holiday-within-a-holiday. Spend a long weekend traipsing from Trapani to Taormina, eating well and ogling ancient architecture.
Imagine lounging at a restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean, glass of wine and plate of pasta with fresh seafood before you. Few but the savviest travelers know—fall is the time to go to Sicily.
Sicily presents a whole new side of Italy, far from the rolling hills of Tuscany and the ruin-filled city of Rome. From its sparkling blue coast and mouthwatering cuisine, here's how an insider does Taormina.
One of the most legendary archeological sites in Sicily, the Villa Romana del Casale at Piazza Armerina, reopened on July 4 after a six-year hiatus. During that time, this UNESCO heritage site was painstakingly restored by 50 experts, and at a cost of 18 million euros.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $119 & up -- Vancouver 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $159 & up -- Tampa Hotels into May, Save 30%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $2539 & up -- Bora Bora 7-Nt. Vacations w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays
- $905 & up -- 6-Nt. Rome & Athens Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $119-$159 -- Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel