News Stories Tagged Shanghai
The largest city proper in the world, Shanghai offers up world-class sightseeing and dining in a city that embodies the crossroads of East and West.
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. Once you're ready to set off to Shanghai, in style, here's what to pack.
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese airlines and travel the country in style. Here's the good, bad, and most helpful tips.
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room, and plush modern rooms, the new Mandarin Oriental is an escape in bustling Shanghai.
Shanghai has an incredibly rich and diverse history that, despite its very 21st-century skyline, is still alive and well...if you know where to look. Author Kim Fay tells us where we can find old Shanghai.
You may not know the Xuhui District now, but its about to get the world's largest IMAX screen. DreamWorks will build not only production facilities, but a "Dream Center" in the district's Riverside area.
The most noteworthy hotel news of the week is collected here, from the planned two-plus-year renovation of the Paris Ritz to the reopening of LA's Hotel Bel-Air.
Forget Paris, New York, and Milan—the new center of the fashion universe is Shanghai. People in the rest of China dress for comfort, but the Shanghainese dress to kill. This is a city where suits are still de rigueur for meetings and business functions.
Forget Paris, New York, and Milan—the new center of the fashion universe is Shanghai. People in the rest of China dress for comfort, but the Shanghainese dress to kill. This is a city where suits are still de rigueur for meetings and business functions. Slop around in flip-flops and worn denims and you will feel like there’s a neon "tourist" sign over your head. Pack your nicer pairs of jeans or capri pants for sightseeing—there are plenty of fake handbags around with which to dress them up come dinner.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand