News Stories Tagged San Francisco
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, and your trip will be off to an excellent start with perks like free airport shuttles and full breakfast spreads.
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene. The culinary capital of the West Coast has seen a rush of new and notable eateries, including these six tempting picks.
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faster than you can say 49ers. Here are a few wardrobe ideas for your city jaunt.
San Francisco is a food-obsessed city. Chefs are constantly pushing boundaries with new and enticing eateries. So we trekked all across town to narrow down the top 10 to try now.
We love the West Coast in the summertime—it's balmy and breezy from Mexico to Alaska. So whether you've got a week off or just need a weekend away, we've assembled a hit list of coastal road trips.
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table at the medal-bearing restaurants across the country. Start with these five top picks.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your next trip with pizza champ and chef Tony Gemignani's insider picks—he tells us where to eat, drink, shop, and more.
We love swanky new eateries as much as the next person, but there's much to be said about revisiting the classics. And San Francisco is home to a handful of true, cult classic greats.
San Francisco has a knack for eating well, this we know. But now, locals and visitors alike can drink well, too. The City by the Bay has finally caught onto the craft cocktail trend. Much to our delight.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- American Airlines Introduces New Transcontinental Fleet
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1466* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $593-$625* -- Fly to Martinique from NYC (R/T incl. Tax)Martinique Promotion Bureau
- $124 -- Kauai: Beachfront Plantation-Style Resort, 20% OffAston Islander on the Beach
- $985 & up -- Riviera Maya 4-Star Trip w/Air + $500 CreditLiberty Travel
- $206 -- Maui Resort on Kaanapali Beach, Save $133Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach