News Stories Tagged Safari
Whether you’re a safari addict stuck in a rut or a first-timer with a wild side, these 10 safaris will help you find your way off the beaten path.
From private helicopters to nighttime game drives through volcanic lands, these top destinations are redefining the African safari. Start planning your trip here.
Unspoiled, undeveloped, and untamed, Mozambique is fast-emerging on the international tourism circuit with its wild beauty and exotic influences.
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
As East Africa's annual wildebeest migration gets into full swing, the classic safari is getting a new look to fit a wider variety of tastes and budgets. Here are five offbeat ways to go on safari in Kenya right now.
The world’s vast animal kingdom offers endless photo—and travel—ops for shutterbugs, from tracking lions in Africa to hanging out with a penguin community in Antarctica. And you don’t have to be Ansel Adams or Art Wolfe to come away with great wildlife shots from these 10 great locations!
Taking a walk on the wild side doesn't mean your travel wardrobe has to suffer. Here are some ideas to get you packed for your African safari.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
In time for the annual Great Migration (July through November), three safari camps have opened in Kenya, boasting lots of luxuries along with intimate access to nature and animals.
Safari-bound travelers who don't want to give up the pampering, take note—Segera Camp just opened in Kenya with local artworks, solar energy, full-service bar, and open-air deck for sundowners.
Setting off on safari means prepping for adventure, beauty, and the unexpected. Pick a read that fits your trip, from the history of the African continent to fictional stories of love and intrigue.
Want to get in touch with nature, but not necessarily your neighbors? Spot big game by day, and relax in a private resort by night on the African Plains.
If you're hankering for a look at the Big Five but don't want to give up modern creature comforts, this hotel is for you. Within the Olare Orok Conservancy, it blends plush amenities with gorgeous safari scenes.
With a sundowner tent, plunge pool, fair trade coffee in the morning, and fresh and gourmet cuisine, you'll be swimming in luxe creature comforts at Singita's newest safari camp in Tanzania.
It used to be that camping was just tents, s'mores, and the great outdoors. Now, there are tons of plush glamping destinations around the world, like these worthy splurges and reasonable saves.
Apes, rhinos, and whales—oh my! (And lions, blue-footed boobies, and polar bears, too.) Here are 5 top cruises for getting up close and personal with some amazing animals.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Safaris are endlessly romantic—searching for beautiful animals, bumbling around in an uncovered Jeep, relaxing with nightly sundowners. Pack smart, and chic, for your African adventure.
Yesterday, the U.S. State Department issued an updated travel warning for US citizens living in or traveling to Kenya as a result of heightened terrorist activity and crime in the area.
This fall, there's more to scout out than the "Big Five" in Kenya. There are three new luxe hotels opening up and a safari camp from none other than Richard Branson.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $1541 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6 Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1424 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Hawaii Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 -- Balcony on New Norwegian Ship w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $219 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 30%Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa