News Stories Tagged Safari
From private helicopters to nighttime game drives through volcanic lands, these top destinations are redefining the African safari. Start planning your trip here.
Unspoiled, undeveloped, and untamed, Mozambique is fast-emerging on the international tourism circuit with its wild beauty and exotic influences.
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
As East Africa's annual wildebeest migration gets into full swing, the classic safari is getting a new look to fit a wider variety of tastes and budgets. Here are five offbeat ways to go on safari in Kenya right now.
The world’s vast animal kingdom offers endless photo—and travel—ops for shutterbugs, from tracking lions in Africa to hanging out with a penguin community in Antarctica. And you don’t have to be Ansel Adams or Art Wolfe to come away with great wildlife shots from these 10 great locations!
Taking a walk on the wild side doesn't mean your travel wardrobe has to suffer. Here are some ideas to get you packed for your African safari.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
In time for the annual Great Migration (July through November), three safari camps have opened in Kenya, boasting lots of luxuries along with intimate access to nature and animals.
Safari-bound travelers who don't want to give up the pampering, take note—Segera Camp just opened in Kenya with local artworks, solar energy, full-service bar, and open-air deck for sundowners.
Setting off on safari means prepping for adventure, beauty, and the unexpected. Pick a read that fits your trip, from the history of the African continent to fictional stories of love and intrigue.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $609 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, 55% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $1159 & up -- Balcony on Weeklong Fjords of Norway CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $615 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Night Trip w/B&Bs & 5-Star CastleGreat Value Vacations
- $329 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line